scotland

yickdaz

I,m looking for a few days goose and pheasant shooting in Scotland around mid November well 3 of us are,

we used to go around Dundee Forfar area way back in the early 90s but always used the same guide who retired and we haven't had a trip to Scotland since

I have already looked at quite a few shooting breaks in Scotland websites and emailed at least 5 of them had two replies with prices but they seemed a little over the top at £110 per goose flight just wondered if anyone can give us a heads up on any guides they have been out with and gives good value for money

pm me with details please

Edited by yickdaz

Mate of mine uses a guy called Davy Virtue he does geese' deer' rough shooting think there called DV SPORTING try them mate has been over bout 5 times try him out

i already sent an email to him few days ago still waiting on a reply :good:

If your on the book look up James kirkaldy. £80 a flight

did a search on him and nothing came up :hmm:

Edited by yickdaz

Mate of mine uses a guy called Davy Virtue he does geese' deer' rough shooting think there called DV SPORTING try them mate has been over bout 5 times try him out

Davy has a lot of goose shooting in the Borders been a few times . Price about £90 a flight I think but haven't been for a while.

Mark Robson would sort your pheasant and goose shooting out although maybe short notice for this season.

Have taken a couple of days for the last 6ish years and absolutely faultless and has the utmost respect for his quarry.

Going down in a fortnight for our yearly and looking forward to it.If you ever fancy teaming for a day or 2 i think Marks pretty accommodating as its just Mac,the old fella and i so theres usually a few others including a couple off here.

Highly recommend him.

Mark Robson would sort your pheasant and goose shooting out although maybe short notice for this season.

Have taken a couple of days for the last 6ish years and absolutely faultless and has the utmost respect for his quarry.

Going down in a fortnight for our yearly and looking forward to it.If you ever fancy teaming for a day or 2 i think Marks pretty accommodating as its just Mac,the old fella and i so theres usually a few others including a couple off here.

Highly recommend him.

I contacted mark and like you say he's pretty much booked up, it looks like you have to book well in advance

sent you a pm

Try montrose shooting breaks, they are on FB and have a web site. i used to shoot with them when they were based in aberdeenshire as north east shooting breaks and they were really good. i have not shot with them in the montrose area, but i see regular decent bags on fb, and lots of happy customer comments, so must be doing something right. Not sure about pheasants, it looks like mainly ducks and geese, but worth a call

I follow a group called Aberdeen Wild Wings on instagram, could also try them?

Would be surprised if he has any spaces...usually booked up well before season starts. Get the odd cancellation though so might strike lucky!

If you do manage to get in with AWW (a good friend of myne) and fancy a flight on the Foreshore let me know and I will try sort something

Edited by AberFowl

Try montrose shooting breaks, they are on FB and have a web site. i used to shoot with them when they were based in aberdeenshire as north east shooting breaks and they were really good. i have not shot with them in the montrose area, but i see regular decent bags on fb, and lots of happy customer comments, so must be doing something right. Not sure about pheasants, it looks like mainly ducks and geese, but worth a call

sent an email last week to Montrose shooting

I follow a group called Aberdeen Wild Wings on instagram, could also try them?

also sent these an email last week no reply from them as yet

Mark Robson gets booked up quick and can get the odd cancellation but its not great if your tying to plan. I have James kirkaldys number,used him last year and had a good day. Hes £80 a goose flight and can do you pheasant too. Can pm it if needed

Not used d virtue but seems to do quite well going by his Facebook page. Does stalking too.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...