barley

yickdaz

2 of us decided to have a few hrs this afternoon on the standing barley field we shot 140 on 2 weeks ago, I posted yesterday shooting on standing barley this is a different farm altogether , and its no surprise we are getting bags from them its an easy food source and they don't have to pick around on stubbles looking for grain

we didn't go the whole hog on them just used 10 enforcers and an ff5 flapper if we really wanted to bag up we could of set up the rotary and had them piling in but I had enough room for 60 birds in the freezers so we shot for 3hrs packed up at 4pm and picked 62 with birds still flighting and young birds diving in for fun we let a lot go once again but they are there for another day

post-21887-0-17251200-1507481466_thumb.jpg

Commendable that you didn't just shoot as many birds as possible for the sake of it. An element of sportsmanship there.

I am still struggling for an outlet for shot birds here and have resisted shooting good bags this past week on bean stubble and wheat drillings.

Same here aga man so I've had to brest them for the freezer, between me and the dogs we'll manage.

Yickdaz,

That was a nice little write up and I commend you for your sporting ability to leave young birds, sounds like a great result to me well done and thanks for sharing.