My Springer has Eczemai think!

lancer425

I think my 5 year old Springer dog has Eczema, he started with it late last year, but it cleared up in a few weeks and was just a couple of little patches on his rear legs and on his back just near his tail.

The dog was fine since until last week when i took him on a trip up to the highlands Wildfowling.

He was fine all week but just noticed he has the spots he had earlier they are back and more or less all over him.

The spots are dry and crumble off are a whitish crusty flake leaving no gaping sores a slight red mark but they do come back. Feeding him ARKWRIGHTS same as the other dogs and all the others seem unaffected can see no parasites and he is not scratching madly he just feels hot to the touch.

Anybody any ideas on a cure for this please or similar things happened before i take him the vets tomorrow.

sarcoptic mange was diagnosed in one of my dogs years back it was explained by vet as a mite under the skin burrowing out and then going back inn leaving droppings behind causing infection lose of hair and very red angry bald patches after trying lots of cures costing lots of money the senior vet told me he can inject the dog with a drug that is used on cattle but it was not licenced for dogs I had to sign a disclaimer form before he used it and it worked !.As it was about ten years ago I am sorry to say I have forgot the name of the drug but I think it was used for blowfly.

Do you now any one who uses betanvate cream for eczema. It is the same some we use and same as you will get from vet .

But allot dearer. Try that there is a oil you can bath them in but can not remember the name

Do you now any one who uses betanvate cream for eczema. It is the same some we use and same as you will get from vet .

But allot dearer. Try that there is a oil you can bath them in but can not remember the name

Think it might be Oilatum.

Edited by acsimmo

As we already had aquius cream I got some tea tree oil as ips said mixed it a 3rd with aqius cream rubbed it in the areas he does not seem inflamed but still feels hot to the touch, was a bit messy but dried out in a short time, he is not scratching or sores anywhere so will keep a close eye on this if it deteriorates i will have him straight to the vets, i was tempted today but dont seem to be irritated by the spots so will stick at this for a week see if things improve.