Old Tom gets a few more.

dead eye alan

Just back from my hols so phoned Tom to see how he was, not been out the house since i last took him shooting! So get yer coat on boy i just been looking at a barley stubble with birds all over it. I set a hide close to the hedge and got him sat in a good position with a strong wind from left to right and birds flitting about while setting up things were looking good. Set out a rotary and flapper + 8 on sticks ( Geff Garrod ) style, by now the time was 12.25 took the motors away and put up Aunt Sally ( Scare crow ) at the other end of the field. When i walked back to the hide Tom already had 2 in the bag and missed several others, i settled in beside him and just talked them in for him the smile on his face as he folded one after another made my day. The first hour put 18 in the bag and then it slowed down to an odd bird now and again, but enough to keep us interested we finished at 3.45 when it stopped altogether with 34 picked up. What a start after my hols Tom went home highly delighted and as happy as a pig in slush. Were out again tomorrow if he has recovered enough energy but need to get him a seat that's higher up as he had great difficulty getting up.