Scottish Week Away

16BoreFan

A few of us are going up for a weeks shooting in Scotland end of the month. Couple days over Pointers for Grouse, a rough walked up day and some duck and goose flights. I am running through everything I need, Gun, cartridges, clothes etc but are there any recommendations or extras I could do with that I may have forgotten?! Thank you in advance

I dunno wot u usually wear to shoot in? (jacket and clothes wise)

If like many u like a decent but quite heavy warm jacket it might be worth swapping for a more layered system of clothing (base layer, plus a shirt and a fleece with a light weight water proof jacket) U usually get pretty warm pretty quick when walking up/over pointers esp on rough ground and then easy to get chilled

Ur base layer stuff is pretty cheap nowadays so are fleeces and even ur waterproof jacket a light weight berghaus or ex army goretex job for 50 ish quid does very well.

With the base layer below even if ur jacket starts to leak u never feel the cold the same

1 thing about the grouse if there I any moisture about u will get wet as there is no shelter from it up on the moor and usually a wind, but also be comfortable as u could be walking a few miles