Best Clay Shooting Grounds Beds Herts Bucks

FairImogen

I go to AGL a few times a month. I tend to nip up there in my lunch hour for a quick shoot. The automated system they have works just fine if shooting solo. I'm a newbie, so I find a quiet stand and just practice. Costs about £10 for 25 clays.

Staff are always friendly and helpful, but I've run in to a few gun snobs while I've been there. Imagine you get that everywhere tho.

I'm from the North West but stored my gun at AGL at the weekend so thought I'd shoot while I was there. Good ground, in my opinion. Not a huge fan of the wooden structures you shoot from behind, to be honest - but there's enough variety on there (fur and feathers is good for the going away birds and rabbits).

Their grouse butt is also great if you want to leave there depressed.

Manchester Clay Shooting Ground at Worsley Woods; Plenty of stands in a wooded area, so lots coming from behind and over trees too….. Cafe/Restaurant serving great food, staff that really do go out of there way to make you feel welcome. I prefer it to most that are closer to me, and don't mind travelling 110 miles for the privilege :good:

Tried AGL today. Excellent place. Thanks, again, for recommendations

Make sure to visit the two stands at the 'bottom' too -- they is no signage, and I've discovered well after a year that there was a path downhill in front of the clubhouse leading to more stands!

AGL is also my favourite in that area. Didn't like A1. A.C Sporting is pretty good, but not pay-as-you-go. I also shoot at E.J churchill because it's near my office, but frankly I never feel welcome there, even as I member. if' you are a VIP they'll be all over you tho.

Make sure to visit the two stands at the 'bottom' too -- they is no signage, and I've discovered well after a year that there was a path downhill in front of the clubhouse leading to more stands!

AGL is also my favourite in that area. Didn't like A1. A.C Sporting is pretty good, but not pay-as-you-go. I also shoot at E.J churchill because it's near my office, but frankly I never feel welcome there, even as I member. if' you are a VIP they'll be all over you tho.

Buze has it been a while since you went there because down the bottom there is now more than 2 stands - they built a wooden platform. You should do the registered Sporting there, once a month coming up next Friday.

Manchester Clay Shooting Ground at Worsley Woods; Plenty of stands in a wooded area, so lots coming from behind and over trees too….. Cafe/Restaurant serving great food, staff that really do go out of there way to make you feel welcome. I prefer it to most that are closer to me, and don't mind travelling 110 miles for the privilege :good:

I take it that you have not been there for a while ? I was there some 4 weeks ago along with 2 friends. We paid £30 each for 100 targets, they had dropped the 'no birds' excess to 4% (giving us a total of 12 overall). We had so many 'no birds' around the ground (including 1 stand where only 1 trap of the pair was working) that we 'ran out' of clays on the last stand. Having gone back to the clubhouse after putting our guns and gear away, we passed comment on the excessive number of no birds. We were offered more clays F.O.C. BUT, having put all of the gear away, we declined the offer. We will stick with our usual ground that charge £22/100 AND 10% for 'no birds' (which we never use !) Thanks.

Buze has it been a while since you went there because down the bottom there is now more than 2 stands - they built a wooden platform. You should do the registered Sporting there, once a month coming up next Friday.

Ah yes I've seen the platform, altho haven't shot it yet (it was busy).. As for the registered day, I think they do fridays don't they? and friday M40+M25+M1 isn't my idea of fun, unfortunately :-) -- I used to work in Watford, so i have spend WAY too much time around these roads!

i dont think that they have existed for very long, at least stands 13-14 were in the normal place a few months ago. 2 nice stands there and it seems they may continue the path and create more in the same area

Went to AGL yesterday, we spent quite a bit of time there, had a piece of lunch etc, great place, and it *does* feel like a club. I'm likely to take a membership there, even tho we can't really go there more than once a month perhaps -- the pricing structure makes it 'worth it' quickly, especially since you get either 100 birds and/or a free lesson with the membership. Also, the difference in price for clays is significant when you are a member.

Hard to beat A.C Sporting tho as for 'club' feeling -- I wish they were doing some PAG, but perhaps there is a bit of an agreement with West London next door?