Worried about vegans

spandit

I'm due to take my pigs into the abattoir soon and was told by the girl in the office when I booked them in that there is a vegan group demonstration due to be taking place that day. From looking around online, they're likely to be trying to disrupt my journey and despite some of their assertions, I am worried about the welfare of my animals. I also don't wish to be photographed and be put on social media alongside some of the emotive rhetoric these groups favour using. I won't be running any of them over, at least, not deliberately (despite the wishes of the aforementioned girl who is obviously fed up of the protesters) and I'm hoping not to have to engage into any discussion with them as I very much doubt they'd actually listen to any of my arguments (although no doubt wanting me to change my ways).

It's stressing me out just thinking about it...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are already aware of the event. Just reading their Facebook page is causing me grief. They bang on about trailers being too big for the few animals that go in - should I cram them into a tiny space, then? They also talk about drivers being erratic - probably trying to get past the protesters without being photographed.

They call themselves the SAS - https://en-gb.facebook.com/sussexanimalsave/ - there's bound to be someone who starts taking it too far.

If theyre like our local abattoir theyll only be killing pigs on certain days so hed probably have to change the week he has them done. I wouldnt worry about it theres likely only going to be 2 or 3 of them hanging around. If youre really worried you could falsely tip them off to the hunt being somewhere nearby on that day. They hate hunting people more than they hate meat eaters! Even better that its a false tip 😂 waste their time!

We used to do work for Huntingdon Life Science and the basic drill was no interaction keep the windows up and carefully drive in, you could be in luck if its throwing it down with rain as most of these types cant take the bad weather. The vegans look a lot less intimidate that the lot round HLS as there were some propper nutters involved there in the protests I for one wouldnt have fancied being a worker on site and having to look under your car for "devices" every morning.

A hired van if possible is a good idea but its stress you could do without really when all your are trying to do is your lawful business.

The police are already aware of the event. Just reading their Facebook page is causing me grief. They bang on about trailers being too big for the few animals that go in - should I cram them into a tiny space, then? They also talk about drivers being erratic - probably trying to get past the protesters without being photographed.

They call themselves the SAS - https://en-gb.facebook.com/sussexanimalsave/ - there's bound to be someone who starts taking it too far.

Must.. resist... winding ... up...

Or throw some soap out of the window.

A use for Boris water cannon..

Let's all plan on having a barbeque on Monday that way its certain to rain, shame its not a bank holiday or after some music festival they'd all still be stonned.

As others have said windows up and ignore them, put a balaclava on if you don't fancy your picture being taken.

It is a difficult position to be in, but remember the protestors are trying to intimidate you, they want people to change their plans and not cross their protest line as they think that is winning.

Their purpose is to cause as much disruption as possible.

Although it is tough for you and absolutely something that you would rather not happen, I do think that you have to take your animals to that abattoir. You know that you care for your livestock and you know that the abattoir does a good and humane job. Have the courage of your convictions.

Don't get embroiled in a debate and if anything looks like it is getting out of hand phone the police and let them deal with it.

If you don't have one already it would be worthwhile to have a dash cam or some other device recording video, that way you have a record of exactly what happened.

Best of luck.