It Must Stop

6.5x55SE

Early in the Season ( September ) i was lucky getting under two small skien's of Pink's shooting 5 for 5 with my 20ga.

This morning due to wind time of year etc i went more of a fact finding mission stretch the dogs legs and introduce my 13 week old pup to new surroundings.

Nothing much of interest was happening when the call of Pink's drew my attention out to see wind swept ragged Skien being blown along to God knows where in my opinion definitely arriving from the North if not Iceland. After 30-45mins watching i stood to walk back to the vehicle when Wink Wink Wink Wink scanning the sky nothing louder the noise came again i saw nothing when i noticed my dogs looking oh Pooop 11 Pink's battling the wind 6-8 feet high hiding in the Marsh grass i hardly dared to breath one minute they was to the then the right i honestly believe had they been higher they would have seen use.

Waiting till it felt i could touch them I swung the old Aya no3 Magnum blotted a Sooty head which sipped backwards as 32grm Steel 3's struck home again i was rewarded with the same result yep a Right an Left .

So it's now 7 for 7 surely it must stop soon fingers crossed it won't ?

post-22823-0-01934200-1507731964_thumb.jpg

post-22823-0-19163900-1507731993_thumb.jpg

Great 6x5x55 enjoy your shooting and long may it continue ! Just think of all them outings when u drew a blank so keep at it i bought a AYA MAGNUM This season myself but unfortunately the duck shooting this season so far in N Ireland were i hunt been rubbish to much water i havent been able to christen the side by side just yet mate Great shooting the HUNTING GODS ARE LOOKING DOWN ON U :) :) :):good: :good: nice dogs there bud

That is good going by any ones standard Boyd , nothing to say it cant continue but you know as well as anyone it will most probably be what you would tern a easy shot that stop your 100% continuing , lack of concentration and taken it for granted is normally my excuse when a little run of success comes to a end .

I did once get five for five Pinks one night when it was blowing hard , but alas not five for five single shots as three fell out with two shots after I had shot 3 for 4 , still not bad going , but in my case a complete one off.

We have now got more geese down here than duck at the moment with more geese coming in each day , up to now I don't think there have been that many shot on the marshes with them being dry and the cattle are still grazing , the early ones and the new arrivals are on the beet tops and while they are doing no harm the farmers are quite happy leaving them alone , plus there is no decoying allowed on any arable land the local clubs shoot on which have reduced the numbers shot no end.

P S ...... I like the look of your puppy , one of mine had a White strip down his chest and the keeper at the time let me have it for half the price he charged for the rest of the litter as nobody picked him out when they came to buy a pup , as it turned out he was possibly the best Lab I have had in my fifty odd years of owning dogs , he lived for just over 14 years and in that time he must have retrieved well over 1000 head of wildfowl and a good number of game , happy days

Early in the Season ( September ) i was lucky getting under two small skien's of Pink's shooting 5 for 5 with my 20ga.

This morning due to wind time of year etc i went more of a fact finding mission stretch the dogs legs and introduce my 13 week old pup to new surroundings.

Nothing much of interest was happening when the call of Pink's drew my attention out to see wind swept ragged Skien being blown along to God knows where in my opinion definitely arriving from the North if not Iceland. After 30-45mins watching i stood to walk back to the vehicle when Wink Wink Wink Wink scanning the sky nothing louder the noise came again i saw nothing when i noticed my dogs looking oh Pooop 11 Pink's battling the wind 6-8 feet high hiding in the Marsh grass i hardly dared to breath one minute they was to the then the right i honestly believe had they been higher they would have seen use.

Waiting till it felt i could touch them I swung the old Aya no3 Magnum blotted a Sooty head which sipped backwards as 32grm Steel 3's struck home again i was rewarded with the same result yep a Right an Left .

So it's now 7 for 7 surely it must stop soon fingers crossed it won't

attachicon.gif911201715324.jpg

attachicon.gif91120171544.jpg

Good shooting!

What's the breeding of the lab cross in the first picture? Looks a lovely dog.