Feeding frenzy (daily)

ditchman

Well...................this is where the bloody money goes...sparrows and doves......i spread the feed in a long line on the grass every morning and there they are like bloody vultures..

as im laying the feed out in a line on the grass ...two of the doves perch on my back..(they have seen me shoot.. :lol: so they aint bove'red)

sparrows are doing well this year...........

post-11401-0-00604000-1507740944_thumb.jpg

Edited by ditchman

That is exactly how you have lived your life ditchy , on the ( straight and narrow ) , that ole single Wood pigeon look to fat to fly , I dare say you could pick it up without firing a shot . Have they all got names ?

i feed them once in the morning and then they follow me about the rest of the day...some of them come into the shed........do it mainly for the sparrows as i still feel sooo bad about shooting thousands of them when i was a kid...

I'm with you Ditchy. I have four very fat woodpigeons and 4 ring doves plus probably about 20 sparrows come to feed every morning and then during the day. I have four trays set up a post about 10 paces from the back door but if I'm late two of the ring doves will come and sit over the back door looking into the kitchen. Yep, also used to kill hundreds of sparrows back in the late 40s and 50s with air rifle and catapult.

I'm with you Ditchy. I have four very fat woodpigeons and 4 ring doves plus probably about 20 sparrows come to feed every morning and then during the day. I have four trays set up a post about 10 paces from the back door but if I'm late two of the ring doves will come and sit over the back door looking into the kitchen. Yep, also used to kill hundreds of sparrows back in the late 40s and 50s with air rifle and catapult.

last year...during the summer in the late afternoon....2 woodpigeons used to waddle into the conservatory if i was late feeding....dogs were funny...they used to look at the birds then look at me as if to say .."what the @@@@ is going on here" ?

Well...................this is where the bloody money goes...sparrows and doves......i spread the feed in a long line on the grass every morning and there they are like bloody vultures..

as im laying the feed out in a line on the grass ...two of the doves perch on my back..(they have seen me shoot.. :lol: so they aint bove'red)

sparrows are doing well this year...........

Good on yer, keep it up. :good: