Leupold Scopes (Mk4)

Lloyd90

As I'm fiddling round with reloading etc I am contemplating changing the scope I have from a Meopta to something with adjustable turrets.

Now I have recently seen a couple of Leupold Mk4's on another shooting forum, one which was sent back to the factory and has come back, and another which is described as

"glass it's self is in mint condition there is the od wear and tear mark on the turrets nothing that effects the scope at all"

Now I read that Leupold has a lifetime warranty that transfer's between each owner. If so would you assume these scopes are a safe buy? and if so / or not what to look out for?

many thanks for any help

Lloyd

Speaking from experience if Leupold still have product life time warranty, then yes.

Years ago I had a 24x target scope, (I was about third hand) one of the lenses came loose & I sent it back to the USA after a few emails.

Six weeks later I received a package with a brand new scope + free postage, I was well chuffed.

Speaking from experience if Leupold still have product life time warranty, then yes.

Years ago I had a 24x target scope, (I was about third hand) one of the lenses came loose & I sent it back to the USA after a few emails.

Six weeks later I received a package with a brand new scope + free postage, I was well chuffed.

Assuming you have to pay the postage ?

i have vxl and vx3 on my rifles. both are great in low light. they need to be as i am out a couple of nights every week. cant see the point in target turrets unless you are doing what they are designed for. are you a thinking of full bore target shooting?

I just wanted to put some targets out to different ranges and see what the rifle was capable of (and me for that matter).

It's not a dedicated target rifle. Debating just sticking with my Meopta 3-12.

Compare Leopold to swaro and you will see the difference. You will get another 15 mins shooting time with a swaro.

For target turrets and better light for a fair price look st sightron scopes.

That's against the Leopold not the swaro.

Edited by Dougy

I just wanted to put some targets out to different ranges and see what the rifle was capable of (and me for that matter).

Dont think you would be gaining a lot in all honesty!! Depends if you’ve got cash to spend the Leupold is the better scope but in all honesty not by a noticeable difference for most hunters!!!

Wont get much better than what you have got. Only one problem is the reticle can blank the target out when wound up full mag. Great foxing scope with the dot