Any suggestions

Clodhopper

I have 2 fields of bean stubble that are separated by a narrow 2 acre strip of set aside. This strip has a line of ash trees on the western edge. Today I found that the ash trees were full of pigeons with others flighting in. I walked the pigeons off and watched them come back for about an hour on 2 flightlines. I would guess upwards of 150 pigeons came back in small groups. They all returned to the trees and showed no interest in dropping into the stubble. They were still coming when i had to return home.

My question is how would you guys tackle this, just a magnet out? Lofters in the trees? Decoy pattern on stubble to intercept them? Etc.

I appreciate you don't know the area but any suggestions/ideas would be welcome.

I would imagine most of these birds are youngsters so any decent busy looking decoy pattern with some movement should bring them in. The key thing I find on bean stubble is to get there before the pigeons as they soon get a crop full of beans and can happily sit digesting them for a couple of hours.

We are assuming of course that these birds are feeding on these stubbles and not just coming back to the trees after feeding elsewhere.