Leaves

AVB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leaf mould in the main. They break down to way less volume and it's great for the garden.

Learn to live with the others or adapt your garden to suit them. There's no way I could ever clear them all up so loads get left about. That's one of the reasons we get the species and numbers of birds in the garden and not a feeder or nestbox in sight.

I seem to remember people liked living in the leafy suburbs, perhaps they still do, if only it wasn't for the leaves.

I do a lot of seroius leaf shifting.

I use a 1/2 ton bag and 2 hand shovels as scoops.

On a big property I work on I used to shift them twice a week but if you leave it to once a week the wind naturally forms them into islands making them far easier to shift.

Did a load yesterday , about 20 half ton bags and luckily they were bone dry and burnt like tinder.

I do a lot of seroius leaf shifting.

I use a 1/2 ton bag and 2 hand shovels as scoops.

On a big property I work on I used to shift them twice a week but if you leave it to once a week the wind naturally forms them into islands making them far easier to shift.

Did a load yesterday , about 20 half ton bags and luckily they were bone dry and burnt like tinder.

Biggest problem we suffer with fallen leaves is the grass dies underneath the pile, so I go out and rake, suck or blow them and collect them for disposal.

+1 - and I would add that the paths get slippery and the gravel gets mulched which leads to weeds later.

I rake/blow onto the lawn - then collect into giant builders bags - for composting

Nature has such a perverse sense of humour. Some trees have shed nearly all their leaves, others are yellow and dropping gradually, whilst others are still green and full of leaf.

Its natures way of saying oh you thought you were done with raking leaves. Well heres another pile.

There's always one, yesterday whilst at work I glanced through the star and the sun, currently reading a book on the RGR, see if you can work it out whilst I'm asleep, should be easy while your so much more intelligent

I'll get my handbag ready while you sleep!

I will guess that the book might be about the Royal Gurkha Rifles, I was chatting to one yesterday.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Nature has such a perverse sense of humour. Some trees have shed nearly all their leaves, others are yellow and dropping gradually, whilst others are still green and full of leaf.

Its natures way of saying oh you thought you were done with raking leaves. Well heres another pile.

I start from perhaps August with an Ash dropping in the green with non stop action through into January with an Oak or two hanging on to them as if a coniferous wannabe.

Edited by yod dropper