Trout fishing season so far

Ferret664

Havent posted for a while and was just wondering how everyones trout season is going so far (I personally have had my best season and its not over yet ;) ) and if anyone is heading out for some fly fishing over the coming days/weeks , I myself am next out next Sunday at grafham and cant wait its been about two and a half months since I last went . Got my gear out today and got that buzz of excitement ;)

Havent posted for a while and was just wondering how everyones trout season is going so far (I personally have had my best season and its not over yet ;) ) and if anyone is heading out for some fly fishing over the coming days/weeks , I myself am next out next Sunday at grafham and cant wait its been about two and a half months since I last went . Got my gear out today and got that buzz of excitement ;)

Just finished tying up a few more flies, I was out last Monday and it was hard work, ending up with 1 fish on a gold head Daddy. I need a new 'Inter' line, my current line has a better memory than me ! Shame really, it has been one hell of a line and has caught a lot of fish, it was one of the last Scientific Anglers 'Kelly Greens' (no longer available). I am thinking of a Snowbee XS clear intermediate to replace it.

Does anyone keep a record of what flies have caught throughout the season.?

Here is my list of flies that have been successful for me this season so far

Trout flies catches 2017

Grey minkie -2 trout

Black and sliver minkie -1 trout

Blake snake -1 trout

Orange head daiwl bach -1 trout

Bloodworm- 3 trout

Orange cruncher -1 trout

Black and green tadpole -1 trout

Daiwl bach orange cheek - 2trout

Red cruncher -4 trout

Daiwl bach red head -3 trout

Shrimp pattern - 1 trout

Green stripped buzzer - 1 trout

Black and red buzzer - 1 trout

Brown buzzer -2 trout

Consett budgie- 2 trout

Black buzzer - 4 trout

Black and green boobies - 15trout

All trout caught on boobies were caught on the washing line technique

41 rainbow trout

4 brown trout

Edited by Ferret664

Well, a work party to get the boats off the water and stored up for Winter, yesterday. Fishing is bank only now until December. I was in need of a new 'Inter' line after the probable 'death' of my SA Kelly green intermediate. I found one on the Bay on a great Snowbee Prestige LA reel at £25. I have several of these reels and they are now obsolete, so any for 'spares' are a welcome addition, especially with a line on.