New consultation

ALL shooters must respond to this- death by a thousand cuts for our sport.

The guns being considered have never been used in crime in the uk- this is a purely political agenda.

Most on here won't shoot .50cal and MARS or "fast-firing" rifles, so will be complacent. I don't shoot these guns either.

However, they will come for your guns/sport eventually and you will need the support of your fellow shooters.

Draw a line in the sand. Voice your objection to ANY further restrictions.

Responded to it and I would urge anyone who wants a future for shooting sports to do the same. While I don't have a 50 cal or a Mars rifle I fully support my fellow shooters who take part in sports involving these.

The justification for the ban is thinner than rice paper, anti material and rapid fire is utter cobblers it's just a grab for a couple of rifle types some in the police don't like. Trouble is if this goes through on this pretex what's next .22lr semis, .338, .300 win mag, straight pull the list is endless if they have a mind for it.

They would be better focusing on getting illegal guns off the street as most shootings appear to be handgun related proving that the pistol ban did a strling job of reducing criminal access to them.

Have responded :good:

It's highly unlikely that i'll ever want to obtain the firearms covered by the proposals, my objections are on logical grounds.

Firearms aside, the thought of having to pick a knife up at a shop having purchased it online is something else. Surely emailing a scan of your ID, which matches details on your card etc, would be the obvious choice.

For one thing have they ever considered that many people don't live in the middle of a city?!

As for the rubber spoons GingerCat, I say we put them on Section 5. If they fell into the wrong hands who knows what could happen!

We all have to oppose this stuff, their 'reasoning' could be applied to anything from airguns upwards. If the same resources and enthusiasm that they have for restricting legitimate shooting sports could be applied to cracking down on the black market for guns...

Edited by HW95J

Im in the middle of a move and currently have no broadband or WiFi so will be unable to respond for another week.

I note they have included the phrase effective legislation and public concern.

There is no effective legislation regarding the use of knives in crime. It will be worth asking why the proposals only feature firearms of a type which have never been used in crime rather than those which have.

Doing it.

Interesting that in the business section they ask about the impact on companies that sell knives but not the impact on companies the buy and use knives.

Its going to be a right pain if I have to drive up to the midlands every time I need a new knife at work instead of just ordering a box full and them being set down!

The consultation is open to views from across the United Kingdom. It covers proposals that will apply in England and Wales but also extends to Scotland for certain proposals where indicated. We will work closely with the devolved administration in Northern Ireland on how any proposals might apply in Northern Ireland.

I hope it does not come to this part of the UK.