A nice day on the pigeons in Norfolk

Whitebridges

Good evening gents.

A beautiful day for a decoying session 20mph SW wind with a bit of cloud cover. There were 500-600 on here yesterday. Wind coming straight from behind me.

A single rotary pulled them off line right down the middle of the pattern. I had plenty of doubles as the birds decided to come in in two's threes and fours for most of the day. I shot between 10.00 am and 3.15 pm

I put a dozen flexi coys out but took them in once I got to twenty. Used the dead birds on cradles and sticks.

I was just off the A47 heading east, loads of pigeons about in this area at the moment, from what I saw anyway.

Finished with 113 for 208 shots.I'm far from a a Digweed I can assure you ! Apologies for the poor quality of the photographs, they were taken from my mobile phone.

Happy days !

Cheers all.

a47a.jpg

a47b.jpg

Edited by Whitebridges

Very good indeed. You were looking forward to that for some days.

Presented in 'Norfolk style' I see.

:good::good: fun. :) I've been getting a few JD 73, 80 in the last week or so and now today. I don't always report the findings, I get too wrapped up in plucking and dressing and pigeon pate. And loads of reports on social media that you can't believe.

:lol::lol: Norfolk style, we int gort time to ****** about. I'm taking arter yew buoy.

Must keep PW going strong with a bit of news here and there.

One day i'll get ditchy out of his man cave. :lol:

Well done you, is that barley stubble?

Cheers....and some tasty chick weed.

You are having a very good run just lately Whitebridges , and long may it continue . your presentation is A1 , at least each pile look different whereas when they are laid out neat and tidy , apart from the number , each photo looks the same :yes: , but then again , everyone to there own .

We were Partridge shooting today about five miles out of Norwich towards Beccles and like you say the weather was gorgeous , if anything to nice , when the sun came out behind the clouds it made it a bit to bright for the guns to look in , as for pigeons , the short answer was there wernt any , well nothing to write home about , when we finished we had over 100 partridges and only one pigeon in the bag .

You are having a very good run just lately Whitebridges , and long may it continue . your presentation is A1 , at least each pile look different whereas when they are laid out neat and tidy , apart from the number , each photo looks the same :yes: , but then again , everyone to there own .

We were Partridge shooting today about five miles out of Norwich towards Beccles and like you say the weather was gorgeous , if anything to nice , when the sun came out behind the clouds it made it a bit to bright for the guns to look in , as for pigeons , the short answer was there wernt any , well nothing to write home about , when we finished we had over 100 partridges and only one pigeon in the bag .

I hope you had a good day on the parto's mm. It was short sleeve weather and today is as good.

I've got plenty of jam on my boots at the minute and it can't last ! Things seem very patchy at the moment in some areas there's hardly a pigeon.

I hope you had a good day on the parto's mm. It was short sleeve weather and today is as good.

I've got plenty of jam on my boots at the minute and it can't last ! Things seem very patchy at the moment in some areas there's hardly a pigeon.

If anything today was slightly warmer than yesterday , went to Wroxham and it was getting near 23 degrees, between there and North Walsham they had been cutting Maize and on some of the stubbles there were 100s of pigeons , but getting the go ahead might be difficult as most of the area look like game shooting land with game strips everywhere . Hope the jam stays on your boots for a while yet W/B :good:

If anything today was slightly warmer than yesterday , went to Wroxham and it was getting near 23 degrees, between there and North Walsham they had been cutting Maize and on some of the stubbles there were 100s of pigeons , but getting the go ahead might be difficult as most of the area look like game shooting land with game strips everywhere . Hope the jam stays on your boots for a while yet W/B :good:

mm I lived at Barton turf years back and you won’t get on the land that way for love nor money.

I watched a few on some drilling today but this was out near Watton.

Around South Norfolk where I live , I don't think there are any guides who do it for a living, maybe the odd one in mid Norfolk and around the Breckland area and on the border of Cambs and Lincs , two of the top pigeon boys in North Norfolk ( Motty and Muncher ) might be able to help you out, as they would sure to know if anyone around there way do any pigeon guiding,

Good luck and I hope you succeed in finding a GENUINE guide.

Can anyone recommend any good pigeon guides for the Norfolk area? I have my permissions here (Derbyshire) but love Norfolk, it would be great to have a day or two in your lots part of the world.

Thanks for you reply. I'll give em a try!!

Around South Norfolk where I live , I don't think there are any guides who do it for a living, maybe the odd one in mid Norfolk and around the Breckland area and on the border of Cambs and Lincs , two of the top pigeon boys in North Norfolk ( Motty and Muncher ) might be able to help you out, as they would sure to know if anyone around there way do any pigeon guiding,

Good luck and I hope you succeed in finding a GENUINE guide.

Well done Nigel, keep at ‘em fella....

Why thank ya Rfb. We'll see. We've got a nice few birds pilling in to another part of the county at the moment, so we're on it, just gorta be a bit steady not to upset the game birdies.

This lot is a few thousand.

Nice to hear from you buoy. :good:

Edited by Whitebridges