"Designer" Horse

old'un

Most breeds of dog have suffered from bad breeding because of Kennel club rules of what a dog should look like, selective breeding has created a number of health problems for dogs, affecting both body and behaviour of the dogs, now it looks like they are at it with horses.........http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/is-designer-breeding-of-animals-getting-out-of-control/

Does it affect it's health?

If it doesn't I don't really see the problem.

U can say almost the same for any type of domestic animal/livestock esp in the last 30yrs were proper breeding has just flew out of the window. often modern livestock looks nothing like it did 30-40 yrs ago.

U now have some sheep breeds which the pedigree show type are so big they all have to be lambed by hand, modern dairy cows struggle to produce more than 1or 2 calf's/lactations

Isn't that how all Arabians look.

(get me! I can tell the difference between a Welsh Cob and an Arabian stallion)

All Arabians have a dished head yes, some are more dished than others and the dish is a desirable feature from 1000s of years evolution in the arid dusty sandy desert, other desirable features which can affect the dish profile are large, wide set eyes and good bone structure around and above the eyes, this horse has lots of that too and will quite possibly loose quite a lot of that dish as it matures and develops.

Looking and knowing some of the other progeny from this Sire and Dam line this particular horse is a freak, rather than a normal breeding.

Edited by Paul223