Quarry & literacy

Bumble

Has anybody else noticed a correlation between the choice of quarry and level of literacy on FB groups?

There's a definite slope from erudite (Deer stalking, game shooting) to passable (beaters, pigeon shooting) to illiterate cretin (PCUK, lurchers. Especially lurchers...). I think there's an anthropological study in there somewhere.

Edited by Bumble

I've been around shooting related social media groups since the mid 90s and have found as much eruditely worded rubbish as I have poorly expressed good sense.

You can usually tell the idiots from the good guys based on how hard they try to be the most popular or the most knowledgeable in the group.

The people in the middle ground who just do their thing without needing a load of "well done" and "+1" posts every time they go near a shotgun, rifle or keyboard tend to be the normal, decent ones.

I just found it odd that the OP's views on literacy are quite harsh, without him bothering to check his own post.

Has anybody else noticed a correlation between the choice of quarry and level of literacy on FB groups?
There's a definite slope from erudite (Deer stalking, game shooting) to passable (beaters, pigeon shooting) to illiterate cretin (PCUK, lurchers. Especially lurchers...). I think there's a anthropological study in there somewhere.

Leaving aside the absent commas and the glaring "a anthropological" instead of "an anthropological", I will admit to being unaware that "beaters, PCUK and lurchers were actually classed as "quarry". :whistling::lol::lol:

Edited by Gordon R

Leaving aside the absent commas and the glaring "a anthropological" instead of "an anthropological", I will admit to being unaware that "beaters, PCUK and lurchers were actually classed as "quarry". :whistling::lol::lol:

Yes, well, maybe for erudite people like Bumble lurchers and beaters are quarry.

Its all about how deep you dig the hole or how remote the ditch is for the bodies isn't it?

love this............................... :good::good::lol::lol:

i think this thread is about me................. :lol::lol:

Ha ha you could have written it Ditchy, but when I read your posts I just think you write as you talk and I read it as such, with enjoyment and a smile on my face.

I find that more of the younger generation use text speak in everyday correspondence giving the impression of being a few pence short of a quid.

Edited by figgy

Ha ha you could have written it Ditchy, but when I read your posts I just think you write as you talk and I read it as such, with enjoyment and a smile on my face.

I find that more of the younger generation use text speak in everyday correspondence giving the impression of being a few pence short of a quid.

Thats a nice thing to say ...cheers :good: ....my spelling is really bad now...its got progressivly worse over the last 4 years....english and latin were my best subjects at school....i love playing with words...i know so many words and longens too...but dusnt use them as i now have no clue how to spell them..........

in this day and age of text speak...we are loosing the skill of communication....which is sad really.....so if my awful posts prompt folk into not being afeared to reply...in a similar way then it is at least allowing them to take part in the human race with a smile on their face... :good: