Why do people write such junk

team tractor

Oh come on people, everyone knows when this was written Lois Lane was having a day off while superman did her picnic sarnies for her. (Was it sarnies or something to do with bait). The writer (can't say reporter or journalist) was really Jimmy Olsen cub reporter for the Daily Planet. Didn't think cubs could write and it does show.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Read it the other day.

I always thought vigilantes operated outside the law?

If they have evidence of law breaking they should go to the police not put people's picture up calling them vigilantes.

Load of codswallop.

As for the high calibre rifles, I don't know any FAC shooter that would risk they're ticket using a RF/CF by shooting up into a tree with no backstop. Air and shotgun all the way.

Ok I read the article or farceickle. The only thing I don't like is people posing with very bloody dead animals, I don't think there is any need.

As for the article itself we can all see it's a joke but will basc or officials from any red squirrel charity do a counter article? I'm guessing no they won't.

Some very high powdered rifles there though 😅😅😅

e organ

I went back to read some of the reply's expecting them to all be from vegan anti shooters, but mist of what I read were slating the article, I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyone any idea if the above screen shot is true?

The screen shot will be true, the content however seems more than a bit tongue in cheek and more than likely done for a laugh.

However how many veganistic teddy bear lovers will take it as gospel and be organizing a 'cull' disruption programme. Well as soon as they find out when and where in the FoD, keeps them busy I suppose.

Yes, the reply comments surprised me too.

Nathan us suburbanites and urbanites have to put up with this on a daily basis I am surprised that you are surprised and annoyed by the article.

We have lost the right to have semi auto rifles and pistols, they started targeting coarse fishing until they realised how many people did it.

Air rifles next ; only when they start to ban fly fishing and shotguns will people in the countryside get involved by which time they will find out how small a minority they are and how politically irrelevant as well.

I can see why the gun lobby in the USA doesn't want to give an inch.

We all need to stand together rather than be loners and fragmented organisations hoping to stay under the radar, or else propper shooting we will be extinct in 20 yrs just look at the Olympics !!!

Mondays mirror also ran this story, the thing that really annoys me is there saying

" but killing greys is unlikely to affect the number of reds as they are only in a few areas with around 140,000 remaining. There are thought to be 2.5 million greys"

First those numbers are obviously pie in the sky, then the reds are endangered, so should we just let them disappear, if we said that about rhinos pandas etc there would be uproar.

The difference is we can actively do something about grey squirrel numbers, keep at it guys.

I've seen the video and the squirrel was not writhing on the ground it was bouncing around as they often do after a lethal head shot.

Another reason why I prefer heart/lung shots ; even if the adrenaline gets them to run off, they never make more than 12 ft before the hydraulics give in and they stop dead.

Deer can make 150 m and no one moans about that.

Slightly dismayed that you found my rifling quip pathetic, I was only trying to lighten the conversations with a bit of diversionary sillyness.

Too much anger being wasted on the unfair and ill- informed article.

I thought that the editor of a newspaper was duty bound to make sure that the detail was correct before going to print.

We need an organisation that lobbys effectively on behalf of shooters on a regular and pre emptive basis so that the media is educated in the way that they are in other countries; that article would not have made it into a newspaper in any European country or the USA.

The ones that we have in the UK are not effective at public relations at all.