Brocock Air Cartridge

Harry136

Hi

I've had an idea, dangerous i know! I was thinking of trying to get hold of the BACS cartridges for my .243 rifle. Occasionally I require the use of an air rifle to deal with back yard vermin, i was wondering about the ins and outs of using the above cartridges in a Browning AB3 instead of buying an air rifle. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Tac guns became s5 not FAC - Grandfathering came in for existing owners who could have them on FAC but they can't be transferred away at all. The TACs themselves though aren't controlled to the best of my knowledge. I think the ones I have are .38 calibre on the outside and run a .22 pellet off the nose. I am not familiar with the shape of a .243 round but would be very surprised if they were any good at all in a rifle chambered in that calibre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 18:28, Harry136 said:

Just want to resurrect this thread- bored again! I have now bought a .22LR FAC Rifle. Although the BAC guns are illegal to own, what is the status of the cartridges, can you buy these legally in the uk ?

They are not illegal to own, I have one, you just can't obtain them anymore

• 2 weeks later...