Snooker cue advice

lopylui

So I have picked up a nice 'blank' im going to call it from the charity shop today for a bargain at 50p. Its a one piece Blank. Im needing to fit a ferrule and tip so any advice on that is appreciated, also has anyone got an idea of how I could go about making it a two piece? Is there a set knocking about on evilbay perhaps? I allready have a cue I use regularly so its just a bit of fun.

if it is an older cue and is nice and straight ..still.............do as tightchoke says....hang on to it as it is until you get your lathe......................also...keep looking for other cues ...bent or straight....as the warped ends can be cut off and the straight bits can be married to other straight bits...........

some of the cues ive seen have been made out of loverly bits of wood...and it would be a shame to buy a lathe and not use it to its fullest extent.....

cutting and drilling stock brass if easy...so making your own furells would be quite fun.................so use the time you have now to build up a stock of old cues... :good::good: