Fac shotgun.

fse10

Right then, my shotgun cert is due for renewal in Jan, I want to apply for a fac shotgun so will need to apply for a fac i understand i do not have to have land i will be using it on checked & i can also put it down for clay shooting as well as vermin shooting am i correct in this?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, my shotgun cert is due for renewal in Jan, I want to apply for a fac shotgun so will need to apply for a fac i understand i do not have to have land i will be using it on checked & i can also put it down for clay shooting as well as vermin shooting am i correct in this?

You will need a better reason for a sec 1 shotgun than 'vermin shooting'

You need to show WHY need it it for vermin, that a normal sec 2 wont suffice.

Forget about clay shooting as a reason too.

Mate has the same mossberg as me on fac 6 shot .

I think he got his for (flocking bird ) ie large quantity of birds to be controlled (vermin) at once .

The reality is .it's a waste of time in all the years we have been shooting together he has needed that 4 th or 5th extra shot once .

There are quiet a lot of extra restrictions on what and where u can shoot a fac shotty .he also wouldnt do it again if given the choice now .3 shots is 99% of the time enough for pigeon shooting .imo.

You will need a better reason for a sec 1 shotgun than 'vermin shooting'

You need to show WHY need it it for vermin, that a normal sec 2 wont suffice.

Forget about clay shooting as a reason too.

As said I don’t think clay pigeon shooting is a good reason in itself but my FAC shotgun is conditioned for clay pigeon shooting

ATB,

Scrummy

As said I don’t think clay pigeon shooting is a good reason in itself but my FAC shotgun is conditioned for clay pigeon shooting

ATB,

Scrummy

I am surprised it needs conditioning for clays to be honest.

But the main problem is, a lot of grounds dont like, or refuse to let you use them for clays.

I am surprised it needs conditioning for clays to be honest.

But the main problem is, a lot of grounds dont like, or refuse to let you use them for clays.

Just like any section 1 firearm you must have it conditioned for the use intended so if it's not conditioned for clays then you are breaking the law if you use it clay shooting. Not normally a problem if they grant it for vermin they should grant it for clays to allow you to practice with it.

Just like any section 1 firearm you must have it conditioned for the use intended so if it's not conditioned for clays then you are breaking the law if you use it clay shooting. Not normally a problem if they grant it for vermin they should grant it for clays to allow you to practice with it.

Sorry,you are correct , forgot about that bit !

Its a bit of an expensive touch just to get an FAC shotgun.

I could understand it if you already had an FAC with rifles listed on it, and just wanted to add a shotgun.

Its a bit like getting an FAC just so you can buy an air rifle that is over 12ft/lb it doesn't make economic sense

The cost of £88 plus extra referees, if you feel the need go for it.

I got my fac only for fac air. And have no intention of going for cf. or rf.

But then I love my airguns and they do all I need them to .

My .25 fac being a great alternative to a .22lr and in some respects bettering it .

Each to there own I guess .if the op wants fac shotty then go for it .but be sure that you need it as it will close more doors than it opens .

I think he got his for (flocking bird ) ie large quantity of birds to be controlled (vermin) at once .

The reality is .it's a waste of time in all the years we have been shooting together he has needed that 4 th or 5th extra shot once .

There are quiet a lot of extra restrictions on what and where u can shoot a fac shotty .he also wouldnt do it again if given the choice now .3 shots is 99% of the time enough for pigeon shooting .imo.

This!

Opposite here brilliant bits of kit increased my bags quite a bit oh and the cartridge bill

Mine was 'crop protection'. This was suggested to me by my FEO and I had it granted with no problems. The request was also backed up by a letter from the farmer, stating that his crops were being hammered by birds. At first, I could only use my 8 shot for bird control, but now that's been removed.

Same here steve

I got my first FAC shotgun for pest control. Clay pigeon shooting is not a 'good reason' to get one granted but you can get a condition added for clay pigeon shooting if you have another 'good reason' for getting one i.e. pest control/target shooting

Yes i think i have a good reason for wanting a Fac shotgun for pest control & would have it conditioned for clay shooting, not that i would use it for this, that often. Plus there are two clubs near me that shoot PSG which looks like it could be fun to get in to.