16 gauge shotgun

Pickerup5

The 16g Macnab Highlander is based on a 12g action and therefore at 7lbs plus, does not have any of the weight advantages of a 16.

I bought one on impulse about 10 years ago and sold it shortly afterwards.

I now have a 16g Lincoln Prestige which is on a truly scaled down action and at 6 1/2 lbs is ideal and handles really well. Before buying the 16g Prestige, I bought (on impulse and with money burning a hole in my pocket) a Prestige in 20g. So now have Prestige in both gauges.

However, the Macnab Highlanders, being made by B.Rizzini are the slightly better gun and in 20g are really good.

I have always liked 16 gauges, both in SxS and over/under.

Have you looked at the 16g Rizzini Artemis, which, although pretty expensive, appears to tick all the boxes.

OB

Thanks for replies there is 20 gauge Highlander for sale I have seen but really looking for a 16 gauge and liked the style and looks of the highlander. The Lincoln Jubilee looks very similar with the rounded prince of wales grip and case hardened action. The artemis is a little out of my price band at present I am afraid. Saw a Lincoln on here in the summer but I wasn't a member then and it sold very quickly! Maybe will just have to wait for one to come up. Just missed a highlander this week as the gun shop sold it to someone even though I said I would have it!

Hope this is ok in this part of the forum I am looking for a 16 gauge O/U shotgun preferably a Macnab Highlander or a Lincoln Jubilee. Any help or advice welcome thanks

Hello

What about a Browning Citori White Lightning 16g Built on a genuine 16g action which i have for sale Immaculate condition (selling on behalf of a mate )

The macnab 16g is built on a 12g action so much heavier

I have the Jubilee prestige 16g Lovely guns but not easy to pickup second hand

Edited by sabel25

Ps dont bye a highlander they are very heavy built on a 12 gauge action. Also the two side locks on gun traider are also built on 12 gauge actions I was going to have them both until I spoke the gun shop selling them The jubilee is a proper 16 gauge lovely little gun made by one of The Rizzini clan ticks all the boxes

Ps dont bye a highlander they are very heavy built on a 12 gauge action. Also the two side locks on gun traider are also built on 12 gauge actions I was going to have them both until I spoke the gun shop selling them The jubilee is a proper 16 gauge lovely little gun made by one of The Rizzini clan ticks all the boxes

Could'nt agree more

Made by F.A.I,R ( Frabbrica Armi Isodoro Rizzini ) brother to B Rizzini

The jubilee is a cracking gun for the money well made and Lincolns are bomb proof I've an older No.2 in 12g and all it's had is a good clean as previous owner had it gunged up with solidified oil in the action

Which proves my point that all guns especialy with wood stocks should be stored barrels down This will elliminate the mineral oil seeping into the action and worse seeping into the stock which cannot be rectified