Morning well spent!

Lord Geordie

Well, having finished fixing the car yesterday! And the weather turning wet this morning, I set to cleaning the tools I used yesterday. I have a 3/4 drive snap on ratchet I have had for years since I worked as a handyman. The gearbox lever broke a few year back and I had to use a posi drive screwdriver to reverse the gearbox.

Well today I found an old torx bit key and set to with the grinder to reduce it to a square peg. It took a little while to get it right, but then had to grind the tip to a small round pin. Cut the excess off the handle end and profile it. It's not the most asthetically pleasing job! But I have my trusty ratchet back in action! I used to have a fair bit of snap on gear! One day I had left the ratchets under the car Ibwas working on! That night some scrote screwed the garage and my tools were taken! These ratchets "3/4 and the 1/2 were still under the car. The 3/4 has had a lot of abuse over the years, but has never given me any trouble over the years! Other than the switch breaking away that is.

I also had a ratchet that stopped working which today I stripped down and found the clutch spring had jumped off its locating pin? I think the spring is to thin! And distorts enough to flip off the pin! So need to fabricate a collar to slip over the pin to stop that.

now I need to continue cleaning the other tools, so if you gents will excuse me :lol: