Cleaning Browning Maxus

djgeoff

before i go and buy this stuff i would like to seek you knowledgeable forum users.

i have recently purchased a Browning Maxus 12g

i was thinking of using KG1 or 009 for carbon removal around what i call the gas valve on my maxus, i have noticed what appears to be a fairly large rubber seal.

will any of these product damage this seal or any other rubber seal i may come across?

if yes then what do you use?

regards in advance

Geoff

Edited by djgeoff

Same assembly as my SX3, white spirit and a toothbrush usually after every slab of cartridges, then rinse off and lube with a shot of gt85, don't forget the gas holes in the bore can get clogged as well, use a cocktail stick on those as it will not cause a scratch on the bore like a metallic probe could.

Same assembly as my SX3, white spirit and a toothbrush usually after every slab of cartridges, then rinse off and lube with a shot of gt85, don't forget the gas holes in the bore can get clogged as well, use a cocktail stick on those as it will not cause a scratch on the bore like a metallic probe could.

thanks for your reply i am aware of the gas port holes, i was asking because if i buy some of the stuff quoted i was going to use on my Beretta urika gas valve and was thinking of use same stuff on maxus if it was ok to do so

WD40 and a light scrub with a ScotchBrite pad. Best thing I found for the 2 barrel ports was pipe a cleaner.

I always find pipe cleaners with a touch of light oil fine for cleaning in awkward places such as round the ejectors.

Edited by das

Make sure you keep barrels clean i love browning but had problems with the inside of the barrel of my maxus i kept mine clean but somehow ended up with bits pitting after using it for 5 seasons on the marsh Sold the gun and bought a Browning A5 inerta gun easier to keep clean than gas semis But my Maxus never missed a beat for ducks You should have no other problems with maxus if kept clean

Make sure you keep barrels clean i love browning but had problems with the inside of the barrel of my maxus i kept mine clean but somehow ended up with bits pitting after using it for 5 seasons on the marsh Sold the gun and bought a Browning A5 inerta gun easier to keep clean than gas semis But my Maxus never missed a beat for ducks You should have no other problems with maxus if kept cleanThan

Thanks

The best way to keep the gas ports clear and at the diameter that they should be is to use the right sized twist drill gently rotating it between your fingers. If you are worried about scratching the opposing side of the bore, either leave a bore snake or a mop suitably placed in the barrel while you do it.