Beretta S687

pgolding

Hi,

I own a Beretta S687 with the word 'sporting' on the trigger guard serial number F91936B, . It also has the Beretta logo on the underside of the stock, the side panel engraving shows what I think are two partridges taking flight and the bird on the underside engraving looks like a Snipe or Curlew can anyone let me know the exact model please from the serial number and other info as i have drawn a blank from the internet, I can see lots similar but nothing the exactly same.

FYI:I am in the UK and cannot find a contact email address for Beretta for love nor money, there is a form I dug out from contact us - but it errors on submission, so any contact info would be great is no-one can assist

Many thanks, Paul

It is what your title suggests an S687 sporting, if it does not say silver pigeon it will predate that model but is essentially the same, on the barrels (off the gun) near the proof marks there is a 4mm square box with two letters in it, that is the date code, post those 2 letters on here and we can tell you the age,

I have the same gun. The others are right, S687 or S687 Sporting /Sporter. I've heard it called all of those. I believe the S stands for Sporting in any case though, so I'm not sure it should be repeated.

There are 3 or 4 different styles of engraving on the sideplate, and I presume this is to do with age. Mine has a pair of pheasant on one side, a pair of pintail the other and a snipe underneath. Others have partridges, mallard and even one with a pair of pointers I think.

Great guns.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all of the replies - I had had a look at the year stamp and its not clear so I got the kids to have a look and the consensus is BA - meaning 1991 I guess from the chart above.

@teal - from your description our guns are the same model and I'm glad both and JRDS like them!

Thanks all :)

I'm pleased to have found the forum - I'm a pretty new shooer and I do have other questions ;)

Hi Guys

Thanks for all of the replies - I had had a look at the year stamp and its not clear so I got the kids to have a look and the consensus is BA - meaning 1991 I guess from the chart above.

@teal - from your description our guns are the same model and I'm glad both and JRDS like them!

I'm pleased to have found the forum - I'm a pretty new shooer and I do have other questions ;)

Nice to know that you are "pretty". Welcome to the gang.

Hi Guys

Nice to know that you are "pretty". Welcome to the gang.

That may well stay with you for years! :lol:

I have a 687 Sporting which says Silver Pigeon on it with a 2 3/4 and 3" chamber and a later model S687 which doesn't mention Silver Pigeon but has a small silver pigeon engraved on the lever to break the gun.

When my brother in laws licence comes through he is having one of them.

Problem is, I want to keep them both now 😂

My first drive game day as a guest a decade or so ago I was loaned a Beretta with the silver bird on the black top lever, took four nice birds that day. Not been much time my cabinet hasn’t had a beretta of some form in it. I do like the 80’s & 90’s guns.

WB at the time these were being brought in there was comment from GMK that they would not be covered by any guarantee.

That time has long gone and like any good old Beretta they should go on forever!

Mine have been going a long time now and nothing untoward has happened.

Well after looking at the date codes again on my grade four 687 silver pigeon it looks like BU so would be a 2004 gun so a piece of modern Beretta cack :lol: I best get rid soon and get an older one. The proof mark date code is that poorly stamped it dont have the square border round it just part of one line. Dealer said early 90s maybe saw BD instead of the BU I saw using a magnifying glass.

Edited by figgy

Well after looking at the date codes again on my grade four 687 silver pigeon it looks like BU so would be a 2004 gun so a piece of modern Beretta cack :lol: I best get rid soon and get an older one. The proof mark date code is that poorly stamped it dont have the square border round it just part of one line. Dealer said early 90s maybe saw BD instead of the BU I saw using a magnifying glass.

Useless modern cack indeed!!

I'll do you a favour and give you £100 take get rid of it for you ;) and count yourself lucky lol :P

I have a 2003 and wouldn't call it cack, im a cack shot, but the gun works.