Fordson super major restoration

viking

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yyyeeesssss..............toolbox and wheel weights........these all add value and are easy to do up.................

best to go for the TS82 plough as that would be more period for that tractor...........just a 2 furrow draw plough would be better for the first models............

and that pic has the proper seat...............think it should be blue with red piping........... :good::lol:

god im enjoying this thread bossing you about ... :lol::lol: ....pay no attentention to us lee.....you know what you are doing... :good:

Edited by ditchman

I do like the wheel weights on that one. Much prefer the 16 inch front wheels on yours though.

yeah me to.. :good:

been on the e-bay...........new toolbox £39 quid and new seat cushions £ 47 quid.....(blue with red piping)...........should be able to get that to factory spec with not a lot of money...

and have checked on the web ...you can still get all the bonnet handles ...catches....decals....gearknobs....tinwork..(that is expensive)...piston rings ...gaskets...seals...the list goes on.....and you can still get the side belt pulley for it..(for saw benches etc).............

Edited by ditchman

This is beginning to read like a PW collective restoration

this is "a boss him about thread"............. :lol::lol:

its quite funny really...that here we all are...decieding how it should be done..............and he is nowhere to be seen..........(think he has given up).. :lol:

Edited by ditchman

im begging him to buy a 2 furrow reversable Ransomes TS 82 plough.....one was sold down here last week for £316 quid..!..it would look thye dogs danglies with that all sprayed and done up on the back of the major.. :good::good:

It would indeed.Food for thought Viking ?

Ditchy, most of the lumps I drove around were a right state! David Browns, internationals, Massey fergs. They all suffered rotted panels, missing lights, home made modifications, infact they were downright bad. Then one day a brand soankkng new John Deere arrives on the farm. All shiny, radio in a spanking cab, a full compliment of lights. And more gizmos and gadgets and buttons than a spaceship compared to the others! But having tried it out! I preferred the cranky old lumps. They were more pleasing to drive and mend.

Ditchy, most of the lumps I drove around were a right state! David Browns, internationals, Massey fergs. They all suffered rotted panels, missing lights, home made modifications, infact they were downright bad. Then one day a brand soankkng new John Deere arrives on the farm. All shiny, radio in a spanking cab, a full compliment of lights. And more gizmos and gadgets and buttons than a spaceship compared to the others! But having tried it out! I preferred the cranky old lumps. They were more pleasing to drive and mend.

yup with you on that......... :good::good:

seems you have all been busy in my absence :lol: far to much for me to reply to, as its been a few week since iv been out and had a good drink, last night i decided to go out and do just that, have a right good drink,and a 12" pepperoni pizza :good: and to top it off a nice 11 hour sleep.

as for a collective PW build, bonni was and i wouldnt have it any other way, all comments, suggestions, and abuse are to be expected and highly welcome :good:

i got in touch with the bloke from the fordson owners club/forum who helps people obtain log books for old tractors, a link was posted on here the other day, he emailed me back telling me he would be more than happy to help, he just needed some photos of all the serial numbers, then he would rite me a letter to send and forward me the related forms to obtain a V5, the cost would be £55 for the DVLA and he would get straight on with it once he recieved my photos and a payment of £30 for his help,

now im not one who expects anything for nothing but the website made it sound like he was just a keen owner who didnt mind helping others, i dont really need his forms or his letter, just a quick explanation of how to go about getting one would of done, to me thats like you lot saying i know where you can get a plough from, send me £30 and i will tell you :lol::lol: