Fordson super major restoration

viking

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks Ditchy is getting a bit toooooo keen ( if your not careful he will be braking into your garage and having a dabble)

Regarding the £30, he may be an enthusiast but he has ‘the knowledge’ which would save you doing it!

Look at it this way, say it took you three hours of internet searching etc and then send the forms of to the DVLA to receive the, back as they are incorrect, and so your on the merry go round.

But for the price of one. Window cleaning job there is someone prepared to provide everything you need in one easy step.

That’s the way I view it

Oh, and watch out for Ditchie once again in case my opening line didn’t sink in

Me thinks Ditchy is getting a bit toooooo keen ( if your not careful he will be braking into your garage and having a dabble)

Regarding the £30, he may be an enthusiast but he has ‘the knowledge’ which would save you doing it!

Look at it this way, say it took you three hours of internet searching etc and then send the forms of to the DVLA to receive the, back as they are incorrect, and so your on the merry go round.

But for the price of one. Window cleaning job there is someone prepared to provide everything you need in one easy step.

That’s the way I view it

Oh, and watch out for Ditchie once again in case my opening line didn’t sink in

i was telling lee a while ago...........its a bloody good job we dont live next door to each other............we would both be divorced and sleeping in our sheds...living on beans curries takeways and beer and bull ****......................... :lol:

Edited by ditchman

i was telling lee a while ago...........its a bloody good job we dont live next door to each other............we would both be divorced and sleeping in our sheds...living on beans curries takeways and beer and bull ****......................... :lol:

we would get in so much trouble :lol::lol:

right, im thinking all is not what it seems,

in the add for this tractor it never mentioned a year, with it being advertised as a new performance i guessed at it being a 1964,

iv done a search with the casting and serial number and it comes back as a march 1963, and from what i can gather the new performance didnt come out till june 1963, as i know nothing about tractors i dont know if its got any features that the new performance had over the standard super major :hmm::hmm:

post-9513-0-69054900-1508592327_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-45574000-1508592339_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-88774400-1508592365_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-76008500-1508592376_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-97625100-1508592399_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-27637000-1508592407_thumb.jpg

thats your "position control".................the flow control is ...i think in the valve block to the right of it .....(i think).........and the lever with the round knob is the PTO engagement lever ??

should the cowling be grey/white............................or just the grill ??

Edited by ditchman

just the grill, fenders and wheels should be grey :good::good:

yup thats it...........i have a pic of a show winner with rosettes at the yorkshire show...with that colour scheme....and NOT THE COWLING................ :good::good:

titchoke was right.................this is really bringing the sadoes out (anoracs)... :lol::lol:

Ditchman has shares in a firm making TS82 ploughs! :whistling:

its the way i would like to die.............laying on my back choking on a nipple the size of a scania wheel nut.......................the coroner would write "death by titchoke".........

I may have to visit Norfolk soon! :yes:

his exhaust is wrong or mine :hmm:

the blue exhaust is soooo wrong.................ive been looking at your paint job.......carp..........that was blown over...you can see all the carp underneath the paint.....its all uneven..

Ditchman has shares in a firm making TS82 ploughs! :whistling:

I may have to visit Norfolk soon! :yes:

bring plenty of goose fat ...i will supply the bow and arrow.......... :oops:

Plenty of knowledge on the farming forum (anoraks) about these old tractors, might be worth signing up there? Good banter too although obviously not as good as pigeonwatch....

yes there is a ford major forum..................but signing up would be an act of treason..........simply not the done thing.....we do things our way on here.....(the daft as a brush way ).. :lol:

yes there is a ford major forum..................but signing up would be an act of treason..........simply not the done thing.....we do things our way on here.....(the daft as a brush way ).. :lol:

In that case I expect to see a camo paint job and a couple of decoys on it when it's finished then.