Heavy lead loads using fibre wads

I have just been given permission to shoot on some farmland, but i have to use fibre wads, There is no load data in any of my books ( apart from an old shooting times load book circa 1976) most of the components are impossible to get now.

Does anyone have any loads for 70mm and 76mm cheddite hulls using fibre wads and lead shot, i have bluedot and longshot powder.

thanks to anyone who can help. :good:

Guest cookoff013

I have just been given permission to shoot on some farmland, but i have to use fibre wads, There is no load data in any of my books ( apart from an old shooting times load book circa 1976) most of the components are impossible to get now.

Does anyone have any loads for 70mm and 76mm cheddite hulls using fibre wads and lead shot, i have bluedot and longshot powder.

thanks to anyone who can help. :good:

you could probably cobble together a fibre load.

i did in the past a 42g lead load with A1, for subsonics and i did it with wiggle room for speed.

both blue dot and longshot operate in the same area.

if you look at the blue dot data from alliant it seems 35-37 grains prove to be fruitful in a fiocchi hull, with 1,1/2oz of shot. while this may be in 70mm / plastic wad.

when i reinvented the wheel, i used

3"

primer

powder

4mm powdercard

20mm fibre

1,1/2oz lead shot

crimp

just to cover myself really. find better data, have the data tested by a reputable laboratory and always use a scale.