Gas safe cert?

chady

I don't know what people do for £40, not very much I would guess. I doubt they'd take the cover off the boiler, just stick a probe in the flue and call it done. 100 flats at £40, no, I wouldn't, but plenty would. I charge 90 + vat as I think the responsibility you take as a Gas Safe bloke is too high for it to be valued at £40, but that's just me.

With all due respect, i dont think its right that your putting Landlords down and Gas engineers down for wanting/offering £40 GSC, when by your own admission you dont know what is or isn't done for the £40. Maybe the Gas engineer does exactly the same as you do BUT is happy to do 10 in a day and get paid £400 for the day?

If you look it up the boiler has to be serviced every year by for a rented house.

Don’t you service your boiler every year .if you the land lord does not service the boiler and it causes problems

You get the blame .

http://www.gas24.co.uk/landlordsafety.htmlq

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help-and-advice/renting-a-property/information-for-landlords/

There is no legal requirement of landlords to get an appliance serviced annually. Read the Gas Safe link you've provided.

You 'should' get it serviced -

There is a legal requirement on you to have all gas appliances safety checked by a registered engineer annually and you also need to maintain gas pipework and flues in a safe condition.

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/media/1442/landlords-gas-safety-requirements.pdf

Gas appliances and flues should be serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions but if these are not available, annual servicing is recommended unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer

That said (as previously stated), you should be recommending that they do.. If you're a Gas Safe engineer - ring the number on your card and find out.

Edited by racing snake

With all due respect, i dont think its right that your putting Landlords down and Gas engineers down for wanting/offering £40 GSC, when by your own admission you dont know what is or isn't done for the £40. Maybe the Gas engineer does exactly the same as you do BUT is happy to do 10 in a day and get paid £400 for the day?

That's their choice, just not mine.

If you look it up the boiler has to be serviced every year by for a rented house.

Don’t you service your boiler every year .if you the land lord does not service the boiler and it causes problems

You get the blame .

Sorry but that just isn't correct. There is no legal requirement to service a boiler every twelve months.

Sorry but its not law for a landlord to have an electrical or PAT test. Many letting agents try to convince you that it is but it isn't. (unless the law has changed in the last two months. i had one try it on! After he did his research, I accepted his apologies) I am also not sure if it is law for smoke detectors?? Although we always fit them and new builds etc have to have them. Building regs want individual alarms in each flat and also a communal one, linking all flats and communal areas.

Correct on the electrical certificate but smoke detectors ARE a legal requirement - must have one per floor/storey.

I don't know what people do for £40, not very much I would guess. I doubt they'd take the cover off the boiler, just stick a probe in the flue and call it done. 100 flats at £40, no, I wouldn't, but plenty would. I charge 90 + vat as I think the responsibility you take as a Gas Safe bloke is too high for it to be valued at £40, but that's just me.

Agreed and why we charge £95+VAT - people offering at £40 grind my gears, it down values the industry and associated qualifications.

I'm beginning to sound like a black cab driver moaning about Uber...