Windy day

Ultrastu

Not so windy yesterday Stu but I was in an exposed position but got against a big oak tree. I had a hammer and a steel rod which I drove in for each pole to get them in well and used two long bungee cables around the tree to pull the camo into position and stop it flapping about. pegged the plastic decoys firmly and used 15 real birds, still froen, so they wouldn't move Managed to shoot for three hours before the southerly wall fell in on me under the pressure. Yes and being truthful I had more misses than hits as the birds were swinging and dipping in a most sporting manner. I enjoy shooting in a good wind. Some nice steady 20mph winds here in the Midlands for the next week, so intend getting out and about. Have a patch of maize stubble needs protecting :-)

I know, but it was a new permission, and it looked difficult to suss any flight lines and it was a hundred acre field....ok, no excuse will hack it, from now on there will be an extra box or three cartridges in a secret, (just in case) hidden compartment of the truck. Still on a high from the morning.😀

I know, but it was a new permission, and it looked difficult to suss any flight lines and it was a hundred acre field....ok, no excuse will hack it, from now on there will be an extra box or three cartridges in a secret, (just in case) hidden compartment of the truck. Still on a high from the morning.😀

Don't know why I repeated myself there. But as for a secret compartment.....I usually take all ammo with me when leaving the truck unattended, seems safer to have extras in a secure place. Not actually sure of the legal side of leaving cartridges in an unattended vehicle, may have to look that one up.