standing barley part 5

yickdaz

went out today knowing yet again there was rain forecast, looked at a local farm we shot on the standing barley twice, well that had been cut and no pigeons showing, so carried on to the other farm with 2 fields of standing barley one had been 3/4 cut with a 50 yard strip running the length of it and no pigeons showing here either, drove to the other field other side of the farm and birds dropping in on it, it was very windy with light showers which kept putting me off setting up eventually I did so was in place by 1.30 pm I had to set up with the wind in my face on the face of a wood due to no cover anywhere else made it very tricky shooting in the strong wind it hardly rained through the session with steady shooting then at 3pm birds were coming in that fast I could barely load quick enough then the reason why became clear at 3.45pm the really heavy rain started the birds switched off and I packed up as quick as possible but in the 40 mins it took me to pack up and get all the gear and dead birds back to the car everything was soaked I wasn;t to bad waterproofs did there job I picked exactly 60 and lost 6 that I had hit hard but the strong wind carried them away

post-21887-0-46212600-1508604734_thumb.jpg