Lanber 12G - Edinburgh

hod

Looking for a Lanber 12G, in or near Edinburgh preferably.

Ideally 30", multi chokes, in good condition or better. Looking about the £200 mark (will pay more/less depending on condition), based on what I've seen on the interwebs for sale in other parts of the country.

Not tied to the multi chokes or having a full set, happy with 1/4 & 1/2 or thereabouts.

Also why is there a real lack of RFDs in Edinburgh/Mid/East Lothian?!

cheers

hod

RFD wise I use David Hamilton at Haddington. Easy to deal with and never any issues.

Jeez. Didn't even know there was one in Haddington, I'm there all the time. Although a quick Google only brings up hardgate arms, with a half constructed website. Is that one and the same?

Edinburgh Rifles is run from home.

His website is http://ersg.com/

Ed is a good bloke and I recently got some powder off him. He is very helpful and might be able to hunt down the sort of thing you are after.

If you venture down the A68 (say an hour out of the Town) you can take in the Borders Gun Room in St Boswells, Braidwood Clays between St Boswells and Selkirk, and Game and Country in Selkirk - but you are right Edinburgh generally is pants for RFDs............

If you can find a gun you like on Guntrader or Gunstar they might post it to your local RFD for £15, if you are lucky, and your local RFD might charge you £25 to receive it - so budget for £40 on top of the sale price. Anyone that wants lots more to send or receive doesn't get my business, as a rule.

Guntrader has a 'dealer' search section which throws up a fair few Jock RFDs.

hh

Cheers again all- familiar with borders gun room/braidwood, it's finding the half day to make the return trip for a browse that's the bind. And if you're at braidwood, you've got to shoot a few clays and have a bacon roll...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/10/2017 at 00:57, hod said:

Jeez. Didn't even know there was one in Haddington, I'm there all the time. Although a quick Google only brings up hardgate arms, with a half constructed website. Is that one and the same?

Sorry for the late reply.  Yes thats the trading name hardgate arms. David is very good ive used him at least 10 times now both shipping and receiving with no issues. 

I can pm his number if required 

1 hour ago, novice cushie shooter said:

Sorry for the late reply.  Yes thats the trading name hardgate arms. David is very good ive used him at least 10 times now both shipping and receiving with no issues. 

I can pm his number if required 

Cheers - if you could PM the number?

On 23/11/2017 at 22:33, Rox95 said:

Got one here £200 fixed choke think it’s 1/2&1/4 but will check 

7A08E033-D598-4D0E-97F6-D7BE71BE80E5.jpeg

Dont ask how I missed this. Have since bought a gun (well, 2!).

Is it 1/4 and 1/2? Could still be interested.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 22:11, hod said:

Cheers - if you could PM the number?

Dont ask how I missed this. Have since bought a gun (well, 2!).

Is it 1/4 and 1/2? Could still be interested.

Not sure but will check to gut for you