Are Daystate overhyped?

DukesArcher

Why get it tuned DukesArcher ? - the amount of money to have the work done is crazy in exchange for any tiny improvements over a Gun that is nigh on perfect out of the box. As for Daystate - you will never get a mutually agreeable answer simply because everybody has had different experiences with them - some people who own them will support the Marque simply because they believe that you need to pay for the best while others own an AA or HW and have saved a considerable sum on a Gun that it would be hard to improve. Personally I would never own another one as mine let me down once too often with sporadic accuracy issues and constant trips to a Gunsmith to remove stuck pellets - not acceptable on a gun that sold for a grand.

Edited by bruno22rf

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the super ten looked good. Not sure about the stocks on the new rifles, but they do seem good value.

Only thing with BSA is that you have a 20% chance of getting a bad one. They suffer from the same problem as British car manufacturers in the 70s: anything made on Friday was a lemon.

Only thing with BSA is that you have a 20% chance of getting a bad one. They suffer from the same problem as British car manufacturers in the 70s: anything made on Friday was a lemon.

hello, oh well i wonder what day mine was made :hmm: never let me down in the 2 years i shot with it, i sold same price i paid and bought a FX vermy 22, it had a very rare full length nutt shot silencer, i sold this seperate.

I like the look of the BSA r10 SE, but I want something that would be a decent rifle straight out of the box, and with a fairly high shot count. Don’t want to be lugging a divers tank around the countryside with me lol.

The FX Royal looks to be a sweet looking rifle, but is it actually any good?

Surely cant be as bad as theoben with their rapid7, 17 etc.

Does anyone own one that hasnt needed work doing on it ?

I bought a used rapid some years ago. Closer inspection revealed it’d undergone some internal amateur ‘improvements’. After being stripped down and rebuilt and set up by somebody who knew what they were doing, it’s been great ever since. After handling an FX wildcat recently, I’m considering one in FAC power, would like to shoot one first though really.

How many shots do you imagine that you will need? - most people find 60-70 plenty, if not more than, enough - be interesting to ask all forum members

how many times they have run out of air? With the exception of "branching" Rooks or a heavy Ratting session (and ,by God, you're glad of a break shooting Rats) I doubt that it's even a concern to experienced shooters.

Edited by bruno22rf

How many shots do you imagine that you will need? - most people find 60-70 plenty, if not more than, enough - be interesting to ask all forum members

how many times they have run out of air? With the exception of "branching" Rooks or a heavy Ratting session (and ,by God, you're glad of a break shooting Rats) I doubt that it's even a concern to experienced shooters.

yup.

You'd have to have one hell of a ratting session if you need to refill an R10 in 22. You get 230+ shots from a charge!

I've got a large and small buddy bottle supposed to be 150 and 301 shots, just buying a webley Axsor which is going to give around 80 shots, can't imagine running out of air on a normal session, but because there is no gauge on the buddy bottles it is easy to forget over a few weeks or months where your upto.

A shot count of 90 is the maximum. In truth I never run out of air when using my Air Arms s200.

Shot counts of 300/400 etc are a totally waste of time. All your doing is lugging around your air cylinder in affect on your rifle ..

I've a rifle with a 45 shot count, one with a 56, also one with 115 count ... Each too their own me thinks! ... My kind of air rifle hunting in the main is sort of a rough shooting stroll about the farms .. When the ratting swings in (when the weather cools down more!) .. If I need to top up a rifle my bottle is only a matter of a 20 second walk away .. I'm no lover of bottle pcp's much prefer cylinder type air tank pcp's.

Edited by hoggysreels

Daystate could well be for you in that case! ... Some have massive shot counts. Which comes in n handy, seeing as 180 bar is the start of the sweet spot till around 110 bar. So realistically your looking at 80 consistent and unregulated shots, from a 240 claimed shot count.

Daystates always have nice stocks. Though I'd dip on calling them the Rolls Royce of air rifles, more Cadillac than Rolls ..

Edited by hoggysreels

Daystate could well be for you in that case! ... Some have massive shot counts. Which comes in n handy, seeing as 180 bar is the start of the sweet spot till around 110 bar. So realistically your looking at 80 consistent and unregulated shots, from a 240 claimed shot count.

Daystates always have nice stocks. Though I'd dip on calling them the Rolls Royce of air rifles, more Cadillac than Rolls ..

I’d expect more than 80 consistent shots for a BB rifle.

I like the new regulated BSA though, and it looks to be a good rifle for the money. Whether it actually is, that is another story.

I have come across a S/H BSA R10 MK2 that has been Ratworks tuned.

Asking £700 with scope.

I’d expect more than 80 consistent shots for a BB rifle.

I like the new regulated BSA though, and it looks to be a good rifle for the money. Whether it actually is, that is another story.

Asking £700 with scope.

Yes good guns pity the BSA company refuses to fit an anti double load mechanism into its design.

Id expect more than 80 consistent shots for a BB rifle.

Asking £700 with scope.

I would be suspicious. They can't have had it for long.