Are Daystate overhyped?

DukesArcher

Your best bet is to look out for one on the Rapid7 forum, they come up from time to time but none of them are cheap, I have a perfect Mk1 Rapid and I know I could get £200 more than I paid for it but it has only had 200 pellets through it from new.

MFR’s Are holding thier money, and getting difficult to find a good one expect to pay £800

You could look at the RAW HM1000 series which is a Rapid based copy that is very good and you can buy it new sold by Michael Tawn

The boys on the rapid7oc will put you right about what to avoid they are a very friendly bunch.

The Rapid has it’s critics but it has stood the test of time and it might be ugly to some, but it’s main function of being a reliable accurate air rifle it’s still one of the best out there.

Kev1gun

The RAW HM1000 looks to be a serious bit of kit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll send you a few if you want? Let me have some idea what your after and I'll post some to you?

Anything with John Darling in it lol. I feel a bit cheeky though.

It's like I have nostalgia from a time when I was not even around. Is that even possible lol?

Having a look on ebay.

Ha ha thanks for posting. I loved reading JD articles in the 1990s and lusted after a Rapid 7 as a result.

When you look at the innovation, build quality and aesthetics aof the Theoben range, it was a truly amazing company. Sadly all the innovation in airguns is happening abroad now - FX and edgun for example.

Well I read two and a half msgs some of the articles seemed really really dated, can't think why, others could have been written this week, half the reason I've kept them certainly interesting, things like pellet prices I went in gun shop last week and couldn't believe your looking at £12 for a tin of accupell I last payed £6-50 probably 15 years ago when I bought ten tins but they were about £2 a tin back in 91.