Are Daystate overhyped?

DukesArcher

Test it. It might be a lemon.

I've had my mk11 in FAC for a couple of years with no mither. If it's from a reputable shop you shouldn't worry too much, you can always take it back if in the unlikely event it turns out to be a problem. If someone's gone to the trouble of having it ratworks tuned I doubt it's a dog.

Edited by Gonk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Daystate Bullpup and it was a mistake. The rifle has lots of irritating issues and to get a scope to fit your eye properly is extremely difficult, you could of course buy an MTC scope (which are marketed, and sold overpriced, by Daystate) and fit it to their wobble rail but it's cr*p. Their customer service is 'non-existant' (by their own admission) as they 'don't talk to their end users, just the resellers'. Irf you do get through to anyone they are so under the thumb of the middle/upper management control freaks that it's all a secret and are as much help as a chocolate teapot.

Daystate are Diana and charge an abolute fortune for assembling a bunch of cheap parts (they don't make anything) and adding a lashing of marketing hype (which they are quite good at). Some of their components are very good but unfortunately their airguns are bi-polar in this regard.

If you can afford it and you get a good-un they are OK, if you stretch yourself to get one thinking it will be good and you will get great customer service, you have been fooled.

I think I've been well and truly put of buying any Daystate. People have only confirmed on here what I already knew.

For the money, I'd expect excellence.

My shotgun is worth more than any daystate air rifle; a shotgun never really has anything go wrong with it and will provide decades of trouble free use.

Asking over a grand for a non-field target air rifle, at 12ftlbs, I'd expect near perfection and complete peace of mind.

My quest continues.............

Edited by DukesArcher

I think I've been well and truly put of buying any Daystate. People have only confirmed on here what I already knew.

For the money, I'd expect excellence.

My shotgun is worth more than any daystate air rifle; a shotgun never really has anything go wrong with it and will provide decades of trouble free use.

Asking over a grand for a non-field target air rifle, at 12ftlbs, I'd expect near perfection and complete peace of mind.

My quest continues.............

hello, have sent PM

How dare you sir, I bought my rapid new never been touched since

He must have had a bad one, I bought a .22 MFR in 2003 I have used it lots it still looks more or less new and other than a new seal for the buddy bottle, I have never had a problem with it. It will still shoot as good any modern thing you can buy now, and it’s the same for the other 3 Rapids I own including a Rapid 17. That’s my experience of owning Rapids since it first came out.

But if you want reliability get an Old BSA Airsporter, I have one that’s completely original from 1953 still shoots @. 9.5 Ft lbs never been touched other than a bit of linseed oil for the leather washer, that’s reliable.

And where would you get it serviced? Come on, take a cold shower and think straight!

Getting them service

And where would you get it serviced? Come on, take a cold shower and think straight!

Getting them serviced is very simple, there are loads of people that can do it for you on the Rapid 7 forum or there are loads of technical documents on there, so if you are technical minded you can do it yourself in about 30 minutes a simpler design you could not find.

Getting them service

Getting them serviced is very simple, there are loads of people that can do it for you on the Rapid 7 forum or there are loads of technical documents on there, so if you are technical minded you can do it yourself in about 30 minutes a simpler design you could not find.

I doubt he's ever handled one Kev, I understand a lot of folk don't like the buddy bottle look but seeing the number of copies that have been done by other manufactures.

To the opp, if your after a high shot count a Rapid would certainly do all you want, but you would need to be careful its not been messed about with, I realise that's going to be difficult but worth having a look.

I doubt he's ever handled one Kev, I understand a lot of folk don't like the buddy bottle look but seeing the number of copies that have been done by other manufactures.

To the opp, if your after a high shot count a Rapid would certainly do all you want, but you would need to be careful its not been messed about with, I realise that's going to be difficult but worth having a look.

I've heard a lot have been opened up and had all kinds of things done to them. I found and handled a stunning Theoben MK1, but they were asking £750 for the rifle alone. Found other examples online for around £600.

No idea on prices kev1gun might be able to help you out with a reliable source, all I know is mine has never been touched since buying, put air in and shoot, been left for years at a time idle and still performs, I'm guessing the £750 was at a shop? There have been a few on here for sale but they get snapped up quick.

No idea on prices kev1gun might be able to help you out with a reliable source, all I know is mine has never been touched since buying, put air in and shoot, been left for years at a time idle and still performs, I'm guessing the £750 was at a shop? There have been a few on here for sale but they get snapped up quick.

Gun shop - yes. Apparently it has had all it seals replaced and had a full service. I think they were around that price brand new.

Ugly looking things, but John Darling used one so..........

Edited by DukesArcher

Your best bet is to look out for one on the Rapid7 forum, they come up from time to time but none of them are cheap, I have a perfect Mk1 Rapid and I know I could get £200 more than I paid for it but it has only had 200 pellets through it from new.

MFR’s Are holding thier money, and getting difficult to find a good one expect to pay £800

You could look at the RAW HM1000 series which is a Rapid based copy that is very good and you can buy it new sold by Michael Tawn

The boys on the rapid7oc will put you right about what to avoid they are a very friendly bunch.

The Rapid has it’s critics but it has stood the test of time and it might be ugly to some, but it’s main function of being a reliable accurate air rifle it’s still one of the best out there.

Kev1gun