Non-toxic 20 bore cartridges

Continental Shooter

Hi folks,

At the moment i am reloading ITX-10 but: i am running out of it and i want to rethink the whole concept as it is extremely expensive to shoot at any rate.

So, the idea is to reserve it for geese -or the odd long shot- with steel as the alternative for close® in shot

So, whilst i get my steel gear sorted out; what would your preferred shells be?

the other issue is availability in Scotland; checekd few web sites that do delivery, and also some in Scotland, but there seems to be limited choice (especially on pellet size).

Any help lads?

Cheers,

Hi folks,

At the moment i am reloading ITX-10 but: i am running out of it and i want to rethink the whole concept as it is extremely expensive to shoot at any rate.

So, the idea is to reserve it for geese -or the odd long shot- with steel as the alternative for close® in shot

So, whilst i get my steel gear sorted out; what would your preferred shells be?

the other issue is availability in Scotland; checekd few web sites that do delivery, and also some in Scotland, but there seems to be limited choice (especially on pellet size).

Any help lads?

Cheers,

As you already reload personally I'd reload your own.

I've lost count of geese I've shot this season with 7/8oz steel 3's Thursday night i scored another Triple on Honkers and they kill 🦆 equally as well.

AberFowl, i'm in Edinburgh; not quite 'local' but thanks. :lol:

where do you buy yours?

6.5x55SE: i never reloaded steel; i'm an old school boy LOL. I only got 800X and Tecna (waiting on Steel by November) and waiting on some steel pellets from C&G;

I got the BPI manual but this is unchartered territry for me so, feel free to pass on anything you think it'll do the job :good:

where do you buy yours?

6.5x55SE: i never reloaded steel; i'm an old school boy LOL. I only got 800X and Tecna (waiting on Steel by November) and waiting on some steel pellets from C&G;

I got the BPI manual but this is unchartered territry for me so, feel free to pass on anything you think it'll do the job :good:

Have a look on www.duckhuntingchat.com

Also if you Google 20ga steel shot load data you will find Dave in AZ who is on DHC he has published tested data for 20ga Non Toxic.

I use B&P 24 (70mm loads) and B&P28 (76mm loads) wads which I get from Siarm.

If you don't already use him try Ed at Edinburgh Rifle and Shooting sports for powder etc.ed@ersg.com

Good luck

Edited by 6.5x55SE

where do you buy yours?

I got a from Hunters Cabin at Lumphanan, not something he usually stocks (nor does anywhere else it seems) but he was able to get a few slabs added to his last order from RC

6.5x55SE, i've already seen Dave in AZ's posts, good lad very knowledgable and informed. Checked some of his loads but waiting on paowde. On the other hand, i never new of ERSG... which is odd; but hey! Sent an email to Ed (thanks BTW) and see what he comes back with.

Cook, i'm not abandoning ITX, just trying to figure out a load which is not only good on stats... the 2 i proofed are good enough in terms of pressure and speed (maybe on the slow side of it according to BPI)... but they don't pattern as i would have hoped... besides it's becoming a costly excercise to pattern them in search of a decent spread :) I've already went throuigh almost 1 Kg of it ... :rolleyes: and not particularly happy with the patterns.

Will stick to #2 for geese until i get the hang of it :good: