Pregnant People!

TriBsa

The government has said the term “pregnant woman” should not be used in a UN treaty because it “excludes” transgender people.

Feminists reacted with outrage to what they said was the latest example of “making women unmentionable” in the name of transgender equality.

The statement comes in Britain’s official submission on proposed amendments to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which the UK has been a signatory since 1976. The UN treaty says a “pregnant woman” must be protected, including not being subject to the death penalty.

Yet in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office submission, Britain opposes the term “pregnant woman” because it may “exclude transgender people who have given birth”. The suggested term is “pregnant people”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/its-not-women-who-get-pregnant-its-people-w3mmzbgwh

No it's not April the 1st. This is PC nonsense gone mad. The Conservative Government should change it's name. If it wasn't our government, but somebody else's, it might be funny in a Monty Python Life of Brian type way.

Edited by TriBsa

In order to supposedly show respect to and not annoy a small amount of the populace (the all new LGBT franchise) the liberal do gooders risk alienating 50% of the populace!

Added to which the group you mention, to which I believe the letter Q has been recently appended, is highly represented in, guess where? The media. Boom.

I can see that in discrimination Top Trumps, trans issues outscore feminist issues.

And that's where Political Correctness falls on it's ar*e. You can't keep everyone happy. In the past it was thought right and proper to keep the majority happy and that seemed to work. Whatever you did behind closed doors was up to you in the main. Now deviancy from the norm has to be celebrated because it is supposedly special.

How the can someone who has had their tackle repurposed get pregnant?

I think they mean a 'person' born a woman, who inside feels they are man but hasn't had an operation ie everything still works, getting pregnant.

Not like Stan I mean Loretta :lol: :lol: who wanted to have babies, but through NO fault of anyone NOT even the Romans, Can't. :good:

Yes the "Q" is now added to represent the "questioning" or undecided! :)

I thought would be that, or the other word beginning with Q ;)

Apparently on university campuses nowadays it's a minefield, with people 'choosing to identify' as this, or that, and a whole stack of new vocabulary to go with it.

Apparently on university campuses nowadays it's a minefield, with people 'choosing to identify' as this, or that, and a whole stack of new vocabulary to go with it.

It's not new, I've worked for major uni's for 20 odd years, it's common.

Young people are exploring things more openly now as it's more accepted to do so (obviously this isn't mirrored by the social steering group of PW).

The percentile of people per population with trans/gay/lez/unsure is minuscule, trust me, it's costing us nothing in comparison with the brutal raping of the NHS daily.

The one thing I want to know in all this transgender thing has it been decided if they can change their birth certificates yet?

if so can I change year I was born so I can start getting my pension?

No, they can't.

Edited by kyska

I really don't get the whole transgender mob, I'm happy for people to be or do whatever they want so long as I'm not footing the bill but they all claim want to be a different sex to feel like they fit in or belong then all they do is shout look at me I'm different and special and deserve special treatment

You foot the bill for people who pretend to have

Back pain

Sciatica

Depression

Fibromyalgia

ME

None of these are diagnosed illnesses.

The NHS is a collective, there are decades of evidence of gender dysmorphia. 'The Mob' cost you very little, really like 1p in your life as the surgery is so rare per person.

The NHS is here for all of us, regardless of what you think.

Edited by kyska

Yeah- because most of their blogging idols are bent as nine bob notes.

For once I'm not blaming the parents, on this occasion I will mostly be blaming-

the internet 👍

No, society (apart from the PW social steering group) is more accepting and allowing people to explore without threat of persecution.

Universities are a perfect medium for this, the chance to be yourself, leaving home, leaving parents, leaving constraints.

Many revert back to 'normal type' but have explored, how healthy is that?

And your comment 'bent as' is tripe, the 'bent ones' don't harm you, your family, your job, they just annoy you because you're a bigot?

No, society (apart from the PW social steering group) is more accepting and allowing people to explore without threat of persecution.

Universities are a perfect medium for this, the chance to be yourself, leaving home, leaving parents, leaving constraints.

Many revert back to 'normal type' but have explored, how healthy is that?

And your comment 'bent as' is tripe, the 'bent ones' don't harm you, your family, your job, they just annoy you because you're a bigot?

Fyi- bent as a nine bob note is an old school phrase I use a lot to describe many things. Timber from my builders merchants, edging blocks my Labourer had laid, fencing a rival company has erected, but more importantly it was my dear late nans favourite saying, there for I find your use of the word 'bigot' disrespectful and cheap.

Fyi- bent as a nine bob note is an old school phrase I use a lot to describe many things. Timber from my builders merchants, edging blocks my Labourer had laid, fencing a rival company has erected, but more importantly it was my dear late nans favourite saying, there for I find your use of the word 'bigot' disrespectful and cheap.

Blunt tool.

What did you mean by it then? In context to your previous post.

What does your description mean, we ALL know what you mean because it's a known saying, not just your dear nans, and you know it.

Edited by kyska