Browning Maxus Fitting

Harry136

Hi

I have a Browning Maxus, I need to get it shooting straight. I have used all of my shims plus a couple more. I'm fairly broad at the shoulder and the gun still doesn't fit properly. See the pattern plate below. What solutions are there? Also due to the amount of shims there is now a quite ungainly gap behind the trigger guard, which would be nice to be rid of.

post-60155-0-04811300-1508777913_thumb.jpg

Take all the shins out and find the one that gives the most cast, then sand down the the shim to make it more of a tapered wedge shape thinning out the thin side this will give you more cast. Or buy another shim the same and double them up to get what you need.

People have been known to slip a piece of of bank credit card into one side of the shim to get more cast or drop etc.

Hope this helps you get it right.

Take all the shins out and find the one that gives the most cast, then sand down the the shim to make it more of a tapered wedge shape thinning out the thin side this will give you more cast. Or buy another shim the same and double them up to get what you need.

People have been known to slip a piece of of bank credit card into one side of the shim to get more cast or drop etc.

Hope this helps you get it right.

:good:

I expect you already know that Browning give 2 shims as the max. I found on mine that using 2 reduced the threads showing from the stock bolt stiff nut to below that normally suggested so applied some thread lock to be on the safe side.

• 4 years later...