BBC show ignorance again!

panoma1

All over the BBC this morning reports of a "cuddly" squirrel running around the pitch at the Manchester City ground just prior to a match last night........ahhhhhhh! it was apparantly caught by a staff members and subsequently released.........the BBC should know it is against the law to release grey squirrels once caught they have to be humanely destroyed.....perhaps they should have done their homework or consulted with Chris Packham before they applauded an illegal act?

Typical BBC and their Walt Disney style reporting on countryside matters!

3 match ban at least! joking aside how would we expect,ground staff or who ever is (BBC) directing the footage to know it's a Grey.Just a Squirrel to them,Howay lads get real.

Agreed sir...!!!

If it was in my house, I'd catch it and release it in the garden!

3 match ban at least! joking aside how would we expect,ground staff or who ever is (BBC) directing the footage to know it's a Grey.Just a Squirrel to them,Howay lads get real.

I wasn't referring to the Man City ground staff, though ignorance is no defence in law! I was criticising and laughing at the "right on" BBC for their ignorance of the law and using an illegal act in order to get a "cuddly animal" emotional response from an I'll informed audience who lap up this Walt Disney, cuddly animal, anthropomorphic, make believe world!

I'm confused.

The BBC tell us that as 'you know who' (YKW) is not employed by them they cannot be held responsible for his bias and inaccurate remarks he makes on their media channels regarding our activities.

Now, as far as I'm aware Lord Lawson was not employed by them when during an interview he denied there was global warming and said that the reverse was the case. It turns out that they have had to (forced to) apologise for not correcting this on air and to admit they have breached their own editorial guidelines on accuracy and impartiality.

Now to my mind this qualifies as a precedent. Therefore, the next time YKW opens his big mouth and blatently tells porkies, our associations should be all over it like a rash.

All over the BBC this morning reports of a "cuddly" squirrel running around the pitch at the Manchester City ground just prior to a match last night........ahhhhhhh! it was apparantly caught by a staff members and subsequently released.........the BBC should know it is against the law to release grey squirrels once caught they have to be humanely destroyed.....perhaps they should have done their homework or consulted with Chris Packham before they applauded an illegal act?

Typical BBC and their Walt Disney style reporting on countryside matters!

Sky, itv, channel 4, channel 5 and the majority of the written press have all covered this story. But you choose to have a go at the BBC. Perhaps you should have done your homework then you could have stated a topic highlighting the ignorance of all broadcasters on this matter.

Sky, itv, channel 4, channel 5 and the majority of the written press have all covered this story. But you choose to have a go at the BBC. Perhaps you should have done your homework then you could have stated a topic highlighting the ignorance of all broadcasters on this matter.

Simply explained! I didn't see any other channels except the BBC and don't take the national press any longer.........so I can't report on what I don't read/see can I?

But I commend you on your investigative diligence!...........but please do tell, how did you find the time to watch this story on "Sky, ITV, channel 4, channel 5" and read about it in "the majority of the written press" too?

In all honesty, except in areas which are lucky enough to still have reds, or buffer zones close to those areas, the fight against the grey is lost and releasing a captured grey is going to have no negative impact, killing a squirrel, grey or not on live tv in my view would be a sure fire way to give the antis ammo, I think letting fluffy the squirrel walk was the best thing to do in the circumstances.