Stupid trend.

lancer425

Time WVM fell into DVSA rules regarding driving hours and tachograph regulations along with some form of driver CPC and some cyclist awareness course as LGV and bus drivers do. They are driving for hire and reward so the temptation to speed and drive without a break will always be there.

Dont think tractor operators that use their tractors for doing haulage work should be allowed to get away either using red diesel and undecutting O licenced hauliers.

My point was to highlight the inconsistency of your account. A commonplace event with witnesses. That said, the blame will lie with the van driver. The lorry driver should have looked at his own driving before patronising others.

Gordon you had to be there, rather like Woodstock which although i was too young to be there i suspect you probably were. :innocent:

The other one is to indicate left when going straight over a mini roundabout.....

Who teaches this nonsense ??????

That is a courtesy that lets the drivers coming in the opposite direction know that the driver indicating is leaving the roundabout before their exit so they can pull out. I don't do it myself by really can't see the harm in it? Now, the morons who indicate RIGHT when they're going straight on is another matter.... There are two roundabouts near me that people do it all the time on for no apparent reason <_<

Although it must be said that all of the countless thousand miles he must have driven in his lifetime, he did so in conditions far different to todays current madness, but a retired bus driver told me many years ago (think it was a polite warning as as a young 25 year old I'd just got out of my Rover 2000TC which was a bit of a goer in those days when he came along and stopped for a chat as I knew him) that in his opinion younger drivers did the wrong thing quickly whereas older drivers did the right thing slowly. Probably still valid.

Gordon you had to be there, rather like Woodstock which although i was too young to be there i suspect you probably were. :innocent:

I didn't need to be there to read your inconsistent account. People witness something and think they know who to blame. In the cold light of day, an insurance company will determine the van driver's fault.

I'm almost sure that if he did that courtesy on a driving test it would be a failure.Unless his access was bloked.There is a big difference between courtesy and stupidity.Thats what give way markings on slip/side road are for.

Correct :good: one of the few things I still remember from my driving lesson days is that you can't just turn into goody two shoes and start acting courteously towards all and sundry, there is this thing called right of way for a good reason. This very scenario almost caused a big accident for me when I was travelling in the opposite direction to this moron who had decided it was an excellent idea to stop on a main road and let this lorry out from a side street, unfortunately I happened to be blind sided to his thought process as well as the lorry because of parked cars on the other side, needless to say I had to brake extremely sharply as I had not expected a lorry to appear onto my path without his first checking the coast was clear.

I immediately realised where the fault lay and using facial expressions let the courteous driver know he was off my Christmas list.

Correct :good: one of the few things I still remember from my driving lesson days is that you can't just turn into goody two shoes and start acting courteously towards all and sundry, there is this thing called right of way for a good reason. This very scenario almost caused a big accident for me when I was travelling in the opposite direction to this moron who had decided it was an excellent idea to stop on a main road and let this lorry out from a side street, unfortunately I happened to be blind sided to his thought process as well as the lorry because of parked cars on the other side, needless to say I had to brake extremely sharply as I had not expected a lorry to appear onto my path without his first checking the coast was clear.

I immediately realised where the fault lay and using facial expressions let the courteous driver know he was off my Christmas list.

Just facial expressions Hamster?

How very restrained and thoroughly decent of you.

The thing that has nearly got me a couple of times is where you are approaching a junction and the car behind flashes their headlights to let someone out. The car at the junction sees it as the lights going out at a Grand prix and jump out infront or at the side of the car passing. How the heck the last one missed me I don't know.