RC4 Red shot 32g 6

Ive used 30g 6 and theyre good!! Clean kills, def did the job. Got 32g 5 to use in Wales next week.

Cut one open and the shot is really spherical, no deformities. We squashed one and did the same to lead shot and it felt harder! Its not a technical test I know but reckon therell be less flyers after going up the barrel and getting miss shapen.

Let us know how you found them.

Americans swear by plated lead shot as it patterns better. Surface is harder so it won’t deform on firing.

Cartridges are not plated as such; 'washed' is a better term. Harder material (steel shot) is a better way to reduce deformation in the barrel. Washing does have its advantagese - undeniably reducing friction between pellets in the barrel and also during its passage down it - but in the main this is more noticeable in the external and terminal ballistics stages. Walt's crush test would indicate that these are indeed harder. To this end, this is worth a read:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/01/11/rc-cartridges-simply-superior/

In short, tempered shot.

Makes good reading and defiantly a good advert for RC . Think I will pattern them against some dark storm 32g 6s I have just to see if they really do throw amazing patterns . The shot size should be the same in both cartridges so hopefully showing off the tempered/coated shot

Edited by alastair0903

I have no idea how to resize pictures ! I have just had a little comparison on some cardboard targets , only had 4 shots . I do find that the Rc 4’s have patterned better through my 725 with muller chokes at 35yards . Proof will be seeing how lively they are after firing a couple of boxes on a driven day