Licence Renewals

Dunkield

That time again, it seems to come round quicker each time.

TVP wrote to me to ask me to get all my stuff in asap as they were still backed up.

This letter came through in September for a February renewal which tells it's own story.

I filled in the forms, got them off asap and got phone call from my FLO yesterday.

As my renewals are just that, no changes, we went through it there are then on the phone.

He said he will get all the stuff sent in today and I should here soon enough.

Despite all the bad press the firearms teams get, from my experience the newer process seems pretty painless.

That time again, it seems to come round quicker each time.

TVP wrote to me to ask me to get all my stuff in asap as they were still backed up.

This letter came through in September for a February renewal which tells it's own story.

I filled in the forms, got them off asap and got phone call from my FLO yesterday.

As my renewals are just that, no changes, we went through it there are then on the phone.

He said he will get all the stuff sent in today and I should here soon enough.

Despite all the bad press the firearms teams get, from my experience the newer process seems pretty painless.

You still won't get it before the old one expires. Mine was due to expire in August and they had it all done and dusted in June, but sent it to me 2 days before the old one expired.

"This letter came through in September for a February renewal which tells it's own story."

Mine was exactly similar 12 months ago from TVP, except mine actually expired before they renewed, it took about 8months!

In honesty I have had my ups and downs with TVP but on the whole I have found them helpful and accommodating, historically I have had VERY QUICK renewals/variations, or VERY SLOW ones!

Edited by Dekers

Hi

Thats good to read.

My experience has also been both ways over the years - this time renewed and received before it expires.

Sure no additions and keeping everything as is, telephone chatter and received a couple of weeks later,5-6mths.

A friend had his first application for grant sorted similarly in I think 6mths.

L

You still won't get it before the old one expires. Mine was due to expire in August and they had it all done and dusted in June, but sent it to me 2 days before the old one expired.

Yeah bad wording on my part, I obviously don't need it until a day before the current ones expire.

Just a heads up for renewals in North Yorkshire, we have a new guy who is by the book and then some. Please beware if you are taking medication it will be chapter and verse so ensure you know what your GP's letter says should one be requested. Particularly if you happen to suffer from chronic pain where there might be some strong pain killers and associated depression (understandably to the medical profession not so it seems with the firearms dept). Whilst there can be no disability discrimination be prepared for a barage of questions regarding your continued fitness, mental and physical plus side effects of medication etc in particular in relation to fac and centre fire certification. Apparently a HMR rimfire is quite adequate for fox control I was told and if I haven't used my centrefire for a while perhaps I should consider having it taken off my cert rather than face the humiliation of having it removed. Hardly supportive and yes I am speaking from personal experience. This was only a visit resulting from a minor motoring offence. Now it appears due to my medication and physical condition I warrant an annual review. I totally see the logic of removing a calibre not used and medical monitoring however where someone is recovering from an injury and the lack of use is temporary the action is excessive and somewhat threatening, not to mention the OTT surveillance. I am dreading renewal!

• 1 month later...
On 26/10/2017 at 10:05, walshie said:

It arrived today, my current one runs out in February. Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...