pulsar thermal pixel failure

oowee

I bought a helion xq38f in September. Its an amazing piece of kit, day and night. It looks however, like one of the pixels has failed (black spot on the screen). There is a repair facility within the software for the device and its still under warranty but i was surprised to see this so early in its life.

I would be interested to hear what other owners might have experienced over a longer period of ownership. Should i be concerned, or just delete the pixel and get on with it?

I sold an xq50 about 6 months ago. Had to send it back to supplier after less than a week with dead pixels which couldn't be repaired with the repair tool.

Was replaced straight away but was a bit of a concern that the repair tool didn't work and it was only days old.

Edd

BTW, the repair tool isn't 'repairing' the pixel, it' just tell the software to clone the next pixel (non dead) over, so it looks 'repaired' to the eye, but the sensor is still damaged...

The reason for pixels that don't repair in software is likely that you had a small cluster of them, so the 'clone' wasn't cloning a good enough one...

• 3 years later...

I Have owned an XP50 trail for 3 years now and have had to repair at least 15 pixels most of them in the first 6 months.  I have sent it back for repair as there was 3 pixels that would not show up in the pixel repair screen.  Took six months to come back and they told me they where "within tolerance" I'm not having it and waiting for a response from Pulsar.  I bought the Thermion XP50 while waiting for 6 months for my XP50 trail to come back.  I have had at least 8 pixels in the first week that needed repair.  I also noticed static on the recording when firing my 17hmr not too stoked with that I might add...more to follow stay tuned.