Joshua vs Takam

DannyS

He made hard work of beating a OK boxer that had 12 days to prepare for the fight and was 8 years older. , hardly a convincing win.

The ok boxer is a bag of cement, he may of had both eyes cut open but damn he can take the hit... When they stopped the fight he was not wobbling, he was blinded by his own blood.

Edited by ShootingEgg

Hate this obsession with him coming in huge all the time and i always see shades of Bruno when he fights.

Not the best of performances but a very durable lad in with him.

There is no doubt he is over rated but the fact is hes one of the best at HW just now which is a poor division.Personally would like to see Usyk come up from cruiser and would bet on him taking AJ to school although its far from a shoe in obviously.

He made hard work of beating a OK boxer that had 12 days to prepare for the fight and was 8 years older. , hardly a convincing win.

AJ had the same amount of notice as well don't forget, also takam is one of those boxers who stay in the gym and not the ones who just go into the gym 12 weeks before a fight

The ok boxer is a bag of cement, he may of had both eyes cut open but damn he can take the hit... When they stopped the fight he was not wobbling, he was blinded by his own blood.

Being able to take hits doesn't necessarily make you a good boxer, he certainly was a brave boxer and the fight should not have being stopped when it was.

Not saying it does, but the guy took a lot of big hits and didnt wobble. If the eyes hadn't split open that would of gone all 12 imo

I have no doubt Takam would have went the distance if it had not have being stopped, that says more about Joshuas ability or lack of than Takams.

Edited by ordnance

I think that might be a little harsh on Joshua. In the golden era of heavyweight boxing, no-one knocked down or knocked out George Chuvalo. The Canadian was never going to be a world champion, but could absorb punishment.

He was in with the very best - does this show their lack of ability?

I think that might be a little harsh on Joshua. In the golden era of heavyweight boxing, no-one knocked down or knocked out George Chuvalo. The Canadian was never going to be a world champion, but could absorb punishment.

He was in with the very best - does this show their lack of ability?

No but Joshua has not being in with the best, he just about beat klitschko a man well past his best.

Edited by ordnance

Takam had a full training camp, he was a backup fighter and they're given a full training camp just incase there's a dropout and can step in. So, if anything its harder on AJ as he has to change his whole stratergy which theyd worked on for the last however many weeks and I think it showed in the fight.

I think i'd like to see AJ fight Ortiz probably one of the more skilled HW atm and it might win over some fans that are getting exasperated with all these meh fights. Not a fan of Wilder and dont think he deserves a shot yet. Had 40 fights and none of them with decent oppo, obviously his team are scared to step him up in quality as they know he'll get found out and are waiting for the biggest possible payday, which is AJ.

AJ seems to be getting a lot of hate on social media which i thinks harsh.....