Leather help

DrBlox

[ANECDOTE] So after the W&S bolt action .410 "went", my youngest kept asking me to take him shooting again so I decided to get him ("me") a suitable gun. I wanted an Armsan A620 JS (the one with two stocks and the barrel extension) but my local gun dealer (big shout out to Park Street guns) offered me a pretty good deal on a "normal" A620 and sourced a junior stock for it (which we didn't actually need as the fit was better will the full size stock). It's a lovely gun, light-weight and light kick and as it had swivels fitted I got a sling for it.[/ANECDOTE]

The sling is quite a nice piece of very thick quality (I think) "pink" leather - I've got a feeling that it should really be treated/waxed in some way. What's best to do it with "normal" wax polish or dubbin or whatever they use on bridles and saddles?

Edited by DrBlox

I use Dr Martins dubbin on my Australian bush hat,

Had it about 18 years or so now, just a quick rub over once a year or when I get around to it. As good as the day it was bought. It has a very wide brim that keeps the driving rain off my specs, which is why it always accompanies me. Bet its had more storm water on it than you would ever get on a sling. (Still got 3/4 of my original tin of dubbin).