Glad to be Out

pigeon controller

Following two weeks of Jury Service I was gagging to get out as my brain was about to burst. So following release I had a call from a farmer instructing me that he hundreds of crows and pigeons on his direct drilled wheat. After helping the wife with the horse I made my way to the specific field to find a few birds down. They are game shooting tomorrow and I had strict instructions that I could only shoot from the tree in the centre of the field away from the woods and pools. I was all set up by 11.00 with twelve pigeons on spikes and a crow call. I called two crows straight to the pattern and they started my crow decoy set up I went on to have fifty out as decoys then collected the rest into the hide, the only bag I had was an old plastic shavings bag from the stables so I put the rest in that. The pigeon activity was very slow as I had a flock of fifty odd doves that kept passing over me and the wind was in my face so the birds came in over my shoulder. The six pigeon all came wrong way to wind straight at me high in front. My hide was in the sun all day and the birds in the plastic sack were minging when I came to lay them out. I stopped shooting at 16.30 and collected up one hundred and twelve corvids and six pigeon , sent a picture to the farmer and he was very pleased. It was one of those days that the birds were massive to shoot at and I had a good number of doubles, great day.

Not shooting Saturday as we are at a function so I will be forced to pour cider down my throat!!!!

100_2988.jpg

112 Corvids, 6 Pigeons