Iphone 8 plus camera

Guest stevo

Afternoon all.

Right please go easy on me here as I dont mind admitting Im so out of my depth when it comes to cameras / photography I am what is commonly know as rubbish , however ........

Last week I bought the new iPhone 8 plus and yes its very good, very fast bit of kit and does all I require of it blah blah blah. Now like most I like the fact I always have a camera in my pocket but have never really given it much more thought than that really. Ive never really understood the what , why or how. Its always just been a case of point and shoot and just hope it works. So with that in mind Ive always opted for a VERY user friendly camera. But I have to say after messing about with the iPhone 8 camera this morning Im properly blown away with it.

Anyone else having fun with one ? If so have you got any tips

Took this morning

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpa3k1j459pwh25/Photo%2028-10-2017%2C%2011%2030%2046.jpg?dl=0

Edited by stevo

They are excellent cameras, and that is an excellent photo (yes, I can see it) I’m used to Nikon cameras, but since the phone cameras are getting better and better, my Nikon gets left at home now. Far more convenient using the phone that’s already in my pocket.

Looking forward to my IPhone X with the same camera arriving in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to the 4K videos I will be able to do.

Very good mate :good:

It was the camera on an old Sony smartphone that got me into photography over 3 years ago. Before that I didnt know how to even hold a camera!

Theyre impressive and always improving.

You can shoot in RAW format on the iphone - if you download Adobe lightroom cc onto it you can then start to edit and have a play with your shots :-)

Atb,

Dave :good:

Good stuff steve :good: I used to have an iPhone and from memory when you down loaded the lightroom app it created a 'widget' on the 'far left' page from the home screen (the one where you see the news etc) - from that there was an option to shoot the iphone camera in RAW via lightroom.

Edit -

This was taken on my iPhone 6s Plus last year using Adobe Lightroom to take a RAW image and then edited it on Lightroom.

APC_0001.jpg

(Knew I had one somewhere :good:)

Dave

Edited by WinchesterDave

Dave i remember you posting that picture and its still stunning. I have sat and looked at it reminiscing various times out on shoots and walks. My best pictures have been taken on my phones over the years as its always to hand.

:good: thats the beauty of them...

Had another little play today with iPhone 8. This is my mate shooting his prazzi high tec with a 24 gram NSI through a 3/4 choke

You can see the shot string about 5-6 long about 5 ft from muzzle

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoofh2wz5rlz3v9/Photo%2029-10-2017%2C%2015%2057%2025.jpg?dl=0

That is pretty impressive Stevo!