Insurance

Bigbob

I just changed my car from a meriva to a pathfinder the insurance was £60 to change it till the renewal in April then direct line said it will be £300 for the year , ive just checked go compare its quoting the AA at £211 for a year .

How many folk check the rices and change there insurance is it worth the hassle ?

I changed 1 of ours - it saved about £150 a year, the other would have saved about £6 so i called them and they matched - in wouldn't have changed for the sake of £6 though to be honest.

The one i did change just wanted a copy of my last renewal that contained the NCB, a quick forward of 1 E-Mail to them and it was sorted

I change both cars every year I fail to see how after a year of insuring me and not even a phone call either way they feel the need to put my premium up every company does it every year. I think they do it just to try it on as so many people just renew without thinking. I've saved thousands over the years it does not pay to be loyal anymore. Work of warning though and I found this out by accident while renewing one day, If you are a shift worker and work nights they will take the postcode of tour address and the postcode of work a d insure you at whic Hever is the highest risk area as the car is left there at night would even take into consideration my argument that if I were to work days the car would be in exactly the same locked car park but it doesn't matter apparently it where it is at night and Ifor I were to have the car stolen or make a claim my insurance would be invalid. You have been warned

I just changed my car from a meriva to a pathfinder the insurance was £60 to change it till the renewal in April then direct line said it will be £300 for the year , ive just checked go compare its quoting the AA at £211 for a year .

How many folk check the rices and change there insurance is it worth the hassle ?

Remember - more often than not, following a comparison site check, when redirected to the vendor's site the price increases for some strange reason....

But yes, unless its a negligible increase we always shop around for insurance.

Saved £210 last year.

Not car insurance related but we have taken over financial duties for our parents.

For years they have been paying the same Company for Household insurance, did a little digging and they are now insured for better coverage and all of their valuables are now listed and insured correctly whereas they weren’t before.

How much saving??? £20 , £ 50? £100, £200? Nope ( same company and I rang to double check everything was equal to or better than before) .... try £420

That’s the problem of just accepting the renewal notice year on year I guess.

Car insurance we have saved now for them and next in line is the gas/ elec