Anschutz 1416 bolt jammed

islandgun

Carrying said rifle in a sling this morning I found that the bolt had opened, slid back and is now jammed, I have tried pulling the trigger and/or the release catch but to no effect, the rifle is new to me and a bit of a mystery, im hoping im missing something simple, any help would be much appreciated

Has the front part of the bolt been turned after placing in the action.

It does appear to be slightly off centre,

I had just fired the gun, slung it over my shoulder then walked 100mts to the van, I think the bolt was knocked out of the locked position and and somehow pushed half way back/open, (please excuse my terminology) We dont have a gunsmith in the islands... :unhappy:

Is there not a catch on the leftside of the receiver.?

yes mate, but it doesnt seem to move very much !

Probably the best advice is get it out of the stock. (Given earlier I know) If you have been unlucky a bit of debris has jammed between the bolt and the stock, taking the stock away might release the pressure and the debris will either come away or you will be able to see and remove it.

Beat of luck.

David.

Edited by Kalahari

The bolt is already open and pulled almost to the back, and that is where its jammed

Have you pulled the trigger then after pressing the catch.?

I've the 54, you only have to press the catch to release the bolt,

this come up in a conversation with a lad who had the 1416, that's how I can recall the trigger stage.

If the bolts still stuck the only option is to take the stock off to see what the problem is.

Try and turn the forward part of the bolt, pound to a pinch of salt its that. They are so simple to undue, not allot of tension at all, if its that then your description of whats happened is about right.

Take a photo of the bolt section in the action and the position of the bolt handle.

then post them on here. :good:

Well a very big thank is due to Dougy, The front part of the bolt had indeed moved, in fact almost 180 degrees and was upside down, your expertise has saved me a lot of hassle and possibly quite a few quid, if you were bit closer i would buy you a beer (or two) and if you ever find yourself in the Isle of Harris I would be happy to supply some beer, fishing and shooting. cheers IG :good::good: . Mods, it might be a good idea to pin Dougy's remedy to what might be a recurring problem

attachicon.gifannie bolt.jpg

I bet the front part of the bolt has moved and its stopping you from removing it.

Well a very big thank is due to Dougy, The front part of the bolt had indeed moved, in fact almost 180 degrees and was upside down, your expertise has saved me a lot of hassle and possibly quite a few quid, if you were bit closer i would buy you a beer (or two) and if you ever find yourself in the Isle of Harris I would be happy to supply some beer, fishing and shooting. cheers IG :good::good: . Mods, it might be a good idea to pin Dougy's remedy to what might be a recurring problem

Just glad that you sorted it, and thanks very much for the offers. You never know I may keep you to that. ;-)

Really no need to put me on that sticky podium, I don't normally mix with thathe scene.

Edited by Dougy