Will FI BTCC etc be banned ?

jonno 357

After reading the topic posts of the love hate of hamilton

I was wondering if when the UK bans all petrol and diesel engines cars will it be the end of petrol driven cars in sports in the UK ?

I personally think they should ban petrol cars from the sport when the ban comes into force and use battery powered cars

The skill will be driver and not a team or teams that have billions to spend on engines and using fuel that produces 30 bhp more than than others use with there 2015 mercedes and ferrari driven cars.......... !

"once advancements in energy storage are made", yes, won't it be nice to know that the building beside your office has enough energy stored to recreate Hiroshima, just so no one misses Strictly and a cup of tea.

It won't be the oil industry that screams, where does the Gov. intend to get the £53 billion in tax revenue from if no one sells fossil fuels?

You can see the green garbage starting to crumble now, clear signs that the AGW hoax is coming to a well deserved end.

Stopping the use of FF for power is intended to keep the poor countries poor, stopping it's use for transport is a complete non-starter.

RS

Back to the OP's idea of fairer racing, sadly this would still not happen.

Those with more money will extract more energy and life from batteries and find all kinds of ways to make their cars better irrespective of drive train. No way will they be simply a matter who is the better driver, for as long as there is more than one team running more than one make of car.

Only the "one make" champioships get even close to that ideal.

Will pistonheads bragg about the size of their batteries ????

Or will they be reduced to comparing wheel diameters .......

I have a Tesla and I can confirm that they are fixated by:

Range (battery size)

Wheel size

Winter tyres

Tesla drivers hogging Tesla superchargers

Internal Combustion Engined (ICE) cars blocking chargers.

Some of them are very boring

There are also a disproportionate number of Vegans!

😂 careful - youll have the PC busy bodies all over you.

I posted on the Tesla Facebook page that I was going shooting and instead of taking the Tesla I was taking the Polar Bear cub munching Defender. It created quite a storm. Some anti shooters but the majority were anti diesel.

So long as they don't ban 10,000 bhp Top Fuel dragsters that will hit 100mph within 60 feet I don't mind. Should be okay seeing as though they run on a predominant nitromethane mix. Perhaps the future is Jonny Smith's battery powered Flux Capacitor that's now running sub-10 quarter miles but it's not quite the same.